Monday, November 2, 2009

Leaving Orvieto, Umbria & Driving To IL BORRO Winery Outside Of Arezzo, Tuscany, 10/30,09

Wow! I've finally downloaded all these pictures : a labor of love, really. My daughter and I had a wonderful visit at IL BORRO in Tuscany just outside of Avezza I believe. It took us awhile to find it but boy was it worth the effort. Both owner Salvatore Ferragamo and his assistant Sara were on hand to take great care of us , show us the estate, the winery and the cellar and taste us on some superb Tuscan reds made from the Cabernet Sauvignon , Merlot, Syrah and Sangiovese grapes; and one delicious, flavorful yet balanced and charming dry, medium-bodied Chardonnay. Thanks Salvatore and Sara.




I've got so much to say about this visit on Thursday, October 29th, 2009 at around 3 PM and yet I want to post these pictures now. I think that they speak volumes on the great time that the four of us enjoyed along with Salvatore's Russell terrior to keep us company.




So please stay-tuned for more as I will include more over the next twenty-four hours. I promise you .... cheers, caio ... TONY
































































No comments: