Monday, November 2, 2009

Contacting Everyone & Asking For Lots Of Help ( 2nd & 3rd Week Of Nov. 2009 ) In Planning My One-Week Trip To Italy With My Daughter

This was indeed one of the greatest trips of my life because I was able to spend it with my daughter in one of the most beautiful areas of the world. I'll cherish this pretty much forever for the rest of my life.



It's now Thanksgiving morning ( Thursday, November 27th, 2009 ) at 3:24 AM as I rise because I cannot sleep and come down to the computer to check my emails and continue working on this blog that has become a big part of my life as I chat and reminisce and pull things together by focusing on them again to draw the various parts together and to understand and appreciate them just a little bit more than before : or even a whole lot more than before.




So many people here and in the United States and in Italy were great at helping me organize and finally put flesh and life into my growing and possible outline of things to do when finally in Italy with my daughter. I have just included some of their pictures here from Miriam ( owner of VALDIPIATTA ) Naomi ( N. Empson Imports ), Giovanni ( Florence tour guide extraordinaire ), David ( Winebow Imports ), Jody ( Winebow Imports ) Marco ( Roman friend for 25 years or more ! ) and Denise ( friend for life ).




I have not included yet pictures of Alessandro Furlan, Andrea Fossi, Neil Empson and Tara Empson, the two Sara's of IL BORRO and VALDIPIATTA, and all the others that I still need to mention here. I will do that this by the weekend. I could not have done it without everyone involved. Thank you one and all.




I speak a bit further on about all the challenges one encounters doing a lot of this through emails. I perhaps go on a bit too much about all of that but I do find it an interesting, wonderful, challenging, and frustrating medium as one is after all dealing with cyberspace and the big question : did they indeed receive my email : and will they respond or not? These are the big questions and sometimes one never knows for sure or not the answer to these two questions.




Stay-tuned for more soon and read on. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all.





Planning the trip took me down many paths and avenues and vias that I was pleased to explore and follow where they might lead me? You never know as you reach out to so many people and I did this with lots of emails that I would send and then await a response. I received many , too though it is always surpring to realize who responds and who doesn't? And this computer-all-cumsuming moment of ours now it also makes me wonder if it was a computer or human glitch on either my part, that of the computer's or of thiers as to whether or not the connection was in fact made and the desire conveyed on my part for an answer from them?

I try to keep this in mind as I realize that sometimes the connections for whatever reason just do not occur. I also try and think about this earlier than later as it might mean that I need to relook at what I did already and send another email just to be sure? Sure of what? Sure that they received news from me that I was reaching out to them.

This is both a hindrance and a way to avoid responsibility on the part of either myself or them saying that they or I did not get the email or did not read it for one reason or another. I will always wonder if they got my emails ot not. I will send now some follow-ups because it is an excellent excuse to establish a dialogue once again with people that I am interested in learning / knowing more about. It has of course been a labor of love all of this and I am so very pleased and happy after having passed a wonderful week with my daughter , the last week of October, 2009 in mostly Tuscany with two days in Rome. Thank you all for helping make this the wonderful trip that it indeed was.

No comments: