Saturday, November 14, 2009

ANTIS Sparkling & MANUEL VILLAFANE Cabernet Sauvignon & Malbec 2008 Of Argentina Introduced By Dan Terass Of William Harrison Imports 11/09 At CPW

This was another unexpected tasting with Dan Terassa our rep for William Harrison Imports just a week ago at Cleveland Park around November 10th was it? I can't remember exactly. It was the late morning when Dan came through with these three samples of new wines that he is representing from Argentina.



We already knew the ANTIS as we have carried some of all of these wines over the years from the Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec and the Chardonnay in the various tiers that they are available. They have always sold well for us especially when our customers were looking/ are looking for a good wine to pair with their food. They are not so much sipping wines, especially the reds in my opinion.




This time, however Dan had the sparkling wine , a non-vintage brut I think ( or was it an extra dry? ) for us to try. Mike was not here so I got the honors to try it all by myself. I liked it, really I did quite a bit. We will sell some at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthonyquinn@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).




Two other reps came in together from Suprex Imports and so I invited them over to have a taste with me and they both really enjoyed the ANTIS sparkling wine from Argentina. It's always good to get other feedback if possible just to have a range of opinions.




AS you can readily see with these photos that I was busily snapping away with my Canon camera as I like to record these events to include here and share with whoever might be interested.




Then Dan introduced the MANUEL VILLANE Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and the Estate Malbec, both 2008 vintages from Mendoza, Argentina and I tasted them as well. I wrote my notes and have left them at work and will add them a bit later once I get there.

I had some specific comments that I made of them and want to relate those here a bit later.




WE have a good working relationship with Dan Terassa. He brings us a lot of really good wine and we have done some marvelous business with him over the years.

So please stay-tuned for an update on the MANUEL VILLAFANE wines here shortly.




In the meantime enjoy these pictures. I really do enjoy trying to capture the mood and the moment as best as I can and with hopefully some more artsy and creative/original shots and angles and compositions. This way hopefully the pictures themselves tell interesting stories that have you all returning for more : just like wanting to listen again to a good song or have another taste of a good wine.




I try to stay true to the notion of a blog which I feel is a bit chatty, more personal, a bit more loose and relaxed : informative in a more casual format. I like this type of writing as to me it is business and more. It's about sharing information and " adding to the equation " and thus providing something new to go along with all the rest of whatever else is " ot there " in cyberspace.




I don't like talking about scores and points and label or image as much as I like talking about the actual wines and the people behind them that were inspired both to create them and pay for them and all that it takes to make them with money from their own pockets.




I like finding out about how the wines were created and how the people behind them came around to this particular point in time with a vision and desire/drive and dedication to have done so that they are now standing before me here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits with a bottle or two that they want me to try and hopefully soon sell here in northwest Washington D.C. in our nation's capitol.






Cheers and I hope you liked the pictures and are now curious to come to Cleveland Park or your local store to purchase some ANTIS sparkling and some MANUEL VILLAFANE 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2008 Malbec both dry reds from Mendoza, ARgentina to enjoy with your meal tonight, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009. TONY

No comments: