Saturday, October 10, 2009

Matt Lewis Of KESTREL Vineyard, WA, Here The 2nd Week Of Oct. 2009 ( Cleveland Park , Wash D.C. ) Tastes " New " & Current Releases

This was a fun tasting once again. I have a whole lot of fun at these tastings and enjoy both the wine that I am tasting as well as the people, the stories and of course my odd-angle/through the wine glass picture-taking.






It was good to see Matt Lewis once again : he came last year I believe as well. We have been selling the KESTREL wines now for more than six or seven years at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. It was Brett Chapell that brought them to us many moons ago originally. Thanks Brett, we have enjoyed selling them since then are currently out. This was perfectly timed as we are out and we have many requests for Washington State wines and never seem to have enough of them. That's bad.




This was a fun tasting because we tasted five wines I believe : the two cute ones - a red and a white with cartoon-style, bright labels and the KESTREL Cabernet Sauvignon, the KESTREL Syrah and the KESTREL Late Harvest Chardonnay. They were all excellent : balanced, well-made and reasonably-priced for their categories and styles. I could see selling all five in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. - our nation's capitol.




I'm not a fan of these cute cartoonesque labels but I realize that they are attractive to many and that the prices they offer are very reasonable. That's a good thing as the wines inside both are excellent as well as that they represent value from Washington State.




I did not get a chance to try the KESTREL Merlot this time as it is out-of-stock currently. Oh well, we have always sold it in the past and we will buy some again when it is available.




You can see by these pictures that I was having a lot of fun. It's true, I really do love looking for new angles and ways to see things - hopefully with a fresh eye.




Thanks Matt for coming by again. Legends Imports has your wines and it was perhaps three months ago that our last rep brought them by the store to taste me on both the KESTREL Cabernet and the KESTREL Late Harvest Chardonnay.




Cheers and stay-tuned for more updates as I get them and can include them here.













Enjoy these pictures, TONY

No comments: