Friday, October 16, 2009

James Wright ( Winemonger Imports, DOM. ST. GRUERY , STIET GUETTWEIG, RWB , SCHUSTER )Brings To Us @ Cleveland Park More Great Austrian Reds & Whites



It's always a great pleasure to see James Wright of the Winemonger Selections portfolio. He must have come sometime in September 2009 I am guessing now? Is that right Mr. Wright? They sell some excellent Austrian wines which I need to start bringing to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits next year in 2010.

I tried some fabulous Blaufrankisch dry red 2007 from SCHUSTER for example as well as some excellent Gruner Veltliner from STIET GUETTWEIG Messwein : " Un in Omnibus Glorificetur Deus " : as well as some really impressive DOMAINE SAINT GRUERY Pinot Blanc - and many more.

We desperately need to get some Saint Laurent and Blaufrankisch reds back into the store as we have plenty of Zweigelts now. Talk to me about these two other reds James : that's at the top of my list now.



I'm always impressed with the overall really high quality of these wines and some of them would fit in really well here at the store in Washington D.C. North West and I just have to now give James and order to send us soon once the holiday season is past us.




It's already December 11th, 2009 - a Friday morning with really cold temperatures at 8:47 AM here in northern Virginia. I am off to work to sell lots of wines really shortly as " tis the season " and we want everyone to be jolly, merry and happy.




I need to write more about this set of samples that James had with him but I do not have my notes. As you can see I continue to take many visual/art-oriented pictures to capture another reality of my making as I capture the moment itself. In this very minor way I become a part of the moment as I inject myself into it as I interpret it this way.




Enlarge the pictures on the screen so that you may see the labels better and actually see the names of what I sampled with James.

He is thorough and always brings a great variety and selection each time that he comes to taste with me. I've already blogged about his first visit as this is his second. He comes from New York to see me and others here in Washington D.C. and the metropolitan area around it.

Having worked in Washington D.C. for a number of years he knows it well and we know a number of people and it is always fun to catch-up on them and on lost time since we last saw one another. I love the stories he shares about his trips to Germany and Austria and France. Thanks for sharing James. We also have the arts in common as I am a painter and writer artist and James is a musician artist.




Stay-tuned for more soon and for some of these excellent Winemonger selections that James has been bringing me at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).




Happy Holidays to one and to all and a happy New Year, too ... drink lots of great Austrian wines when you get a chance and call us or email us with any requests or wines that you are especially interested in getting from Austria.




1 comment:

james oliver wright said...

Stift Goettweig, dear sir. and yes, I shall be back at you in the New Year.