Monday, October 5, 2009

I Just Posted Last Year's : New Face On LONGVIEW, Peter Saturno, Last Weekend Of September, 2008




These pictures were taken at a wonderful luncheon at the local pu/restaurant just minutes away from the LONGVIEW Winery where I met brothers Mark and Peter and their father Leon : the Saturno's, new owners of LONGVIEW. I was amazed at how delicious the food was here, and in a beautiful setting, too.

Read on ... and don't forget to check out the earlier blog, too ...








Check out this blog that I realized I had not finished and posted last year when Peter Saturno, one of the new owners of the LONGVIEW Winery came with a group of Aussies and one Kiwi to taste in our store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.
I have posted different pictures over that last weekend in September, 2008. We spent both Saturday and Sunday together. We had a great tasting at Cleveland Park on Friday evening from 5-8PM with Peter, Nick Stacey( WEST CAPE HOWE, Denmark, Western Australia ), Rob Gibson ( GIBSON Winery & LOOSE ENDS, Barossa, South Australia ) and Barbara Lawson of the LAWSON Winery, Marlborough, New Zealand. This sure was a whole lot of fun.
The pictures include this tasting as well as dinner afterwards that I was invited to at Chef Geoff's in downtown, Washington D.C., a baseball game with the Orioles on Sunday afternoon at Camden Yards, Baltimore and then a special dinner with old wines from my cellar at my home here in northern, Virginia. I opened some Robert Arnoux Vosne Romanee 1980 red burgundy that was the star of the evening along with some Paul Jaboulet 1983 Cote Rotie, some LONG 1987 Cabernet Sauvignon, some WILLIAM HILL Gold Label 1082 Cabernet Sauvignon and more. I can't remember everything. It's been awhile. Anyway, you can see the pictures and the bottles.
It was a great weekend, really.
Go to the Search Box above here and plug in the words : New Face Of LONGVIEW and the blog should come up.
I have pictured here a picture or two of when I first met Peter Saturno on his own turf in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia by the LONGVIEW Winery.
Cheers and enjoy these couple of pictures and the original blog. Sorry it took so long to post it Peter. TONY

No comments: