Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Looking Through Glass ( Groot Constantia + - Wine Glass, Water Glass, Bottles, Olive Oil Glass, Whatever Caught My Fancy, March, 2009 In South Africa

I had a grand trip to South Africa with John Morrison in March, 2009 and posting these pictures that are more artsy really helps me relive these glorious moments. I hope you, too can share in some of these moments as many of these pictures tell stories that I hope are universal in some ways and rather specific and detailed in others. Cheers, TONY








Look at this picture at Moreson where the young winemaker is tasting a sample of his fermenting grape juice. Behind him is a lovely young lab assistant wearing a red shirt. She caught my attention and this picture is as much about her as anything. Look at how the form and the red all become quite distorted and blurred and mesmerizing when you enlarge it on the screen? I like it ... makes my mind wander off ...






I like this picture at Groot Constantia where the lady tasting us is almost completely distorted through their thicker wine glasses and the image is captivating to me in both beauty and starkness and becomes almost Baconesque as in the painter. You have to enlarge it and look really closely ...












Enjoy these pictures and go to : chatart.blogspot to see more. Cheers, TONY

No comments: