Thursday, August 27, 2009

KRONE BOREALIS Cuvee Brut , South Africa & NOVECENTO, Argentina , Sparkling Wine I Tasted For First Time With Theresa Morrison Thurs. 8/20/09

I really enjoyed these two bubblies with Theresa last Thursday, Aug. 20th, 2009 here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. We have already been selling the KRONE BOEALIS ( now On Sale for $16.49, down from $23.99 ). It's a mature, flavorful, food-oriented dry brut made form 50% Cahardonnay and 50% Pinot Noir in Tulbach, South Africa. It's produced and bottled by Twee Jonge Gezellen made in the Methode Cap Classique style. " It's biologically stable, a true celebration of the vintner's art." For more info go to : www.34south.com or wine@34south. Cheers ... and enjoy these artsy pics I took being an artist myself ...




I hope that you enjoy these photos as I believe they tell a pretty convincing story all by themselves.

I took pictures of Sam as he tasted along with me. He was waiting to see me about the wines he sells me from LVDH imports and I know that he loves wines so I included him in the tasting. I do that often : I think it's both the polite and the professional gesture to make and offer to extend. I think it's appreciated, too.




I will write more here as I get a chance.








Above is the demi-sec ( off-dry, creamy smooth ) NOVECENTO from Mendoza, Argentina ( will be $13.49 a bottle when we get it shortly ) sparkling neck of the bottle and below are the three bottles that Theresa Morrison brought for me to try. I liked all three.









I love this picture above and have written more about it in the entry that follows below. I want to add that the green glass of the KRONE BOREALIS and the light filtering through it as compared to the clear Reidel champagne/sparkling wine glass provides a great contrast that is very visually stimulating to this artist's eyes ...





This may perhaps be the most artsy photo that I took here and of course luck is a part of the equation as timing and positioning are everything. I love the two hands ( mine and Theresa;s ) that frame the clear Reidel champagne glass being filled and the sparkling wine bottle and it's bubbles going from the bottle glass to the champagne/sparkling wine glass. I love the bridge that is formed here : a beautiful as yet unspoken liquid bond being created that will find it expression/audience and voice through my palate and my words that follow ... nice ...













Here are the pictures of the NOVECENTO sparkling demi sec that I tried this past Thirsday, August 20th, 2009 with importer and owner of her own company, Boutique Vineyards, Theresa Morrison.

I really liked this " new " bubbly to us here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and will add it to our selection shortly. Enjoy these pictures in the meantime.

Stay-tuned, cheers, TONY

No comments: