Friday, August 21, 2009

Gift Of A Bottle Of STORY WINERY 2007 " Miss-Zin " Estate-Bottled, Unfiltered Old-Vines Amador County, CA. I Enjoyed Sunday Night, 8/16/09

I want to `thank my customers and friends Nick and Julienne for bringing me back this bottle of extraordinarily fruit-forward, bright red Mission/Zin Filtered grape sunshine that was a true joy to drink with and without food this past Sunday, August 16th, 2009 with my family and good friends that we invited spur-of-the-moment for a quick barbecue dinner.





We all immediately warmed to this very charming red blend of the STORY WINERY 2007 " Miss-Zin " estate-bottled, unfiltered Amador County, CA. red. I loved it : it's understated style, it's fruit-driven-fruit-forward medium-to-light-bodied taste. It was silky, satiny-smooth from the get-go and even in the heat and the humidity of the moment, even with mosquitoes it was lovely.




I offered Harry a choice of that and the ROSENBLOOM Syrah and another - all California - and he chose the STORY WINERY. He exclaimed" " I've never had Mission, let's try this " and he handed me the bottle as I got ready to grill burgers on our deck.




These pictures are mostly taken outside with the lighted table torches to ward off mosquitoes as the flame that you see through the green glass of the bottle. In the last shot here it looks as if the bottle top is on flame and I like that. Yes the bottle was alive with appealing and very seductive fruit flavors of a nice, braod range that made me want to dive head-first into the glass.




As you can see in some of these pictures I was using a glass that was given to my daughter when she graduated from college recently from D.J. the assistant winemaker of PEARMUND WINERY which is just outside of Warrenton, Virginia, We stopped there before getting to the graduation on time.


The glass sez : " Think Globally ... ... Drink Locally ". I like that sentiment and I was thrilled that Nick and Julienne brought this excellent Amador County wine back with them from their recent foray into the California wine country. They love wine and also support Virginia wines in a big way. I think that they will approve of the glass I drank it in when I see them next and share this story with them.




I don't know what the price is on this old vines " Miss-Zin " but I will look into it and buy some to sell here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, .W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265, sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelelandparkwine.com ) soon.




I really liked the emphasis on the fruit and the balance and finesse of this wine. It impressed me because it was so well-made and all of it's subtlety and richness of pure fruit grape flavors entertained me in a way that I do not have the pleasure to experience very often. Thank you out at STORY WINERY. I buy into your story with this one bottle. The first chapter so-to-speak was very enjoyable to one and to all of us. What do you hold in the next chapter?

I can't wait to find out. Cheers, TONY




Enjoy these photos and story, cheers, TONY

No comments: