Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pere Escude Gonzalues of CELLERS UNIO ( " Perlat " Monsant ), Tarros, Ona, Spain Visits Cleveland Park W/ David Bryant June 8th, 2006




I'm always glad when I take the time to take pictures of those that come to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel" 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) to visit us and our Washington D.C. neighborhood. Sometimes I'm busy or preoccupied or just not in the mood. However, I do it anyway realizing that this might be my one chance to record the moment with whoever visits, big or small, known or known not at all : it matters not to me. Everyone is a part of this wonderful world of wine and everyone deserves their moment in the wine's glow so to speak.

We have been enjoying selling the wines of CELLSER ( Perlat, Monsant ) UNIO now for a number of years : as long as I can remember David Bryant carrying them. He was well represented by Chris Pigott of Country Vintners that took pretty much every opportunity that he could to be sure that we had the wines in stock and for sale at Cleveland Park.

I'm not sure exactly when we started with CELLERS UNIO : it happened and we added at least three of these excellent Spanish reds and then would sometimes focus more on one than the others. We almost always had at least one on our shelves. I personally like very much the high quality level of them as well as their excellent values on the D.C. market. I am willing to go as far as to say that they often over deliver for what you the customer pays : that's a great thing. I also love the overall balance and style of these Spanish reds and whites: they often make me turn my head and focus more on them and their different tastes and styles.

I will have to ask my current Country Vintner rep Arielle Monaco about them as we are currently sold out at the store. There may be new vintages for us to consider. We may have to do an in-store weekend tasting focusing on them and the excellent wines that David Bryant brought to us while he was still alive.




Here we have a picture above of P.E. Gonzaluez of CELLERS UNIO and below one of David Bryant of Country Vintners responsible for buying both the Italian and the Spanish portfolios. I went to Italy back in 2006 with David. We had a grand time.





Above and below are pictures of Senor Gonzalues that I was meeting for the first time. It;s too bad that we did not have more time to spend together. I would have liked to have talked some more with him seeing as I liked so much his food. It would have been fun to have enjoyed a meal with him and his wines so that we could have spoken some about how he feels his wines complement food : and what his favorite combinations were?





Above is a picture of Senor Gonzalues and of David Bryant. They are both smiling : I captured a good moment here. Correction : whoever took it captured a good moment as I believe I cropped this to center in on David. I think that I am also in this picture but cropped here.

Below is one of our favorite regular customers with her young boy and her mother. She likes to come and taste and see what we have to offer her. It's something that she enjoys alot and she's always smiling and a pleasure to be around.





I was correct, I was cropped in the picture above as here you see the three of us all together, happy and smiling. This is a great memory for me and a wonderful one to share with you all of David.

Below is another picture of our customer, her child and her mother : three generations in one family - nice.




The wine was excellent and I was enjoying it and the moment : it's written all over my big smile.





Here are David and Senor Gonzalues above once again. I hope that Senor Gonzalues will return and do an in-store wine-tasting at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits sometime in the future. Gracias Senor Gonzalues e hasta luego.

Below are the same picture that I took of David Bryant. I'm really happy that I have this one of him smiling. It's a great memory of David : he loved his work and sharing his knowledge and both the wine and the people behind it. He brought the owners and winemakers to Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits when he could. This I believe was one of David's last visits with a winemaker/owner.

I took three different pictures with my Kodak Easy Share camera earlier. They all came out pretty well and that pleases me. They also all reveal something a bit different. Can you see it?




It's fitting that I should finally post these pictures of Pere Escude Gonzalies and David Bryant now, Sunday, July 5th, 2009 ; three years after their visit as well as one year and one day after David Bryant's passing. It was just last year on July 4th that David left this world as he stopped breathing that afternoon.

Until we next meet. Cheers, TONY

No comments: