Wednesday, July 29, 2009

OCEANA'S Riesling Of CA. Tasted By Jean Gagliolo Of Capitol Beverages Here July 2009 / 3 Meals - Help Fight Hunger Program W/ Boisset - Cheers!

Being a male artist I immediately liked the mermaid on this blue bottle. It caught my attention immediately.

I also liked the balance and the finesse, the subtle dry flavors of this Riesling that was dry but very smooth and soft dry. It may be sipped all by itself as well as matched with many a meal.



We do not have this Riesling yet but I will talk to both Sam , and Jean and perhaps we can work a tasting of it along with some of the wines from LYETH , and the FRENCH RABBIT. Maybe Jody of Winebow can do a tasting of the DELOACH wines, too. I've got some work ahead of me I can already see. I'm off on vacation next week ( the first week of August, 2009 ) and so I will see what we can all arrange when I return.

In the meantime we do have some of these wines already at Cleveland Park.


I love taking these pictures of the pieces of this puzzle. Study the parts carefully and you will come away with a good idea of what Boisset has organized and in the process of executing over the next few months ( perhaps through 2009 ? ).



I can't avoid taking these types of pictures when I focus and enlarge and rearrange certain parts of any whole. I think it lends a certain weight and gravitas : I do love the red color ink, too.



The reflections in this Reidel tasting glass are quite interesting in themselves. The Capitol Beverage winelist is the white with black ink over which I have put the glass od OCEANA dry Riesling. I love photographing on, over and off a white surface. The gold/sun-enriched color of this Riesling really does show well off this price list.



To better read what I have enlarged and distorted you have but to go back to the poster in one of the pictures above that you first saw. Look at it and then come back to this photo and you will have both closure and enlightenment?!? I hope so : and a broad grin and smile, too.


As you can see here in this photo I was tasting the 2007 OCEANA Riesling ...


I love taking some of my photos of the people behind the wine, too. Here is Jean Gagliolo that brought this bottle for me to taste. I like what the glass and light do to the face and the expressions of those that I photograph. The distortions and accents that both glass and light give to Jean add something special. What do you think?


This picture really reveals the artist in me as it is really about the parts and the way the meld and mold and conform to one another - as well as they way they blur into one : a cream of light and color and soft, rounded shapes that include wood and the fless of my hand as well as the OCEANA Riesling, too. It's a pure artsy photo and I hope in it's abstraction that it really adds to these other photos. Cheers ...



In this picture above you see the blue of the OCEANA cap that I cut off to remove the cork. I picked it up and included it here in this picture to give the name and some color to this picture above of Jean Gagliolo reflected through the Riedel tasting glass here with some of the OCEANA dry Riesling that it holds here.





Here are some more of the photos I took of this most noteworthy progrma by Boisset to help provide three meals per each bottle of the OCEANA, DELOACH, FRENCH RABBIT and LYETH vineyards ) from California and France ).

Enjoy these artsy photos that I like taking to capture time , place, mood, moment, color, texture, contrast, etcetera .... TONY

No comments: