Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 4th, 2009 , Saturday Evening Before Fireworks Finishing The Dinner With a 1986 Library Release ALEXANDER VALLEY VINEYARD'S Cabernet Sauvignon



Enjoy these photos that I took of the 1986 ALEXANDER VALLEY VINEYARD'S Cabernet Sauvignon with my acrylic painting done as a background for the bottle. I did the painting in the early eighties so the two really do go together. Cheers ...







This was quite the special treat for me and for my guests and the 1986 Library Release ALEXANDER VALLEY VINEYARD Cabernet Sauvignon was still very much alive and performing on a grand scale. Yes, all the fruit was now a sweet oak with mature flavors of earth and tar and leather, tobacco and age : but WOW, what a wonderful experience that it provided for us. I loved it.

Here are some pictures that I took of the bottle down here in our family room in our basement. I did not get any while we were outside on Saturday evening the 4th of July, 2009. I should have but we were busy relaxing and having a great time. It was one of those beautiful, basically humidity-free, mosquito-free evenings without rain!

The 1086 ALEXANDER VALLEY VINEYARD'S Cabernet Sauvignon was like my my liquid display of glorious fireworks before we went down to our cul-de-sac and watched those that we bought and set-off ourselves later.

I would have rather enjoyed this 1986 a bit earlier in the evening with our food : I think it would have shown even better in this context of food earlier on. Oh well, if I have any bottles left here in my cellar I will know better. It was a treat and am thrilled to have been able to share it with our friends and neighbors. Cheers, TONY

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Tony:

You had a bottle of the '86 and you didn't invite any of us here at the winery to share? Great vintage and glad to hear that it has held up so well. Phenomenal way to celebrate the 4th.

Andrew F
Alexander Valley Vineyards