Thursday, July 30, 2009

Abel Sosa-Arrogui Of Uruguay Imports Brings " New " Wineries From Uruguay, July 2009

I was impressed overall by these new selections from Abel. These wines from Uruguay, whites and reds are all quite well balanced and well-made. I did not find one that I would not sell. The second white was perhaps my least favorite of the bunch perhaps but as a whole the wines really impressed me quite a bit.

They would all mostly sell for around $15 a bottle and I think they offer well-made wines that will compete fairly well against the lot of wines from around the world that is available to purchase here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. As you may or may not know Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) is in Cleveland Park northwest, Washington D.C. our nation's capitol.

My only comment about the wines is that I would like so see some of them at $13 a bottle or less : that would really make them more competitive. That would help get Uruguay into the minds of our customers. As it is it still happens to be both a challenge and a struggle to sell the wines from Uruguay. Sure, people buy a bottle or two at a time as I/ we recommend them in the store.

We have been recommending them now since about 2002 I believe and have sold at least a couple hundred cases or so. That's been a feather in my / our cap at Cleveland Park and I am happy to have been able to introduce these fine wines from Uruguay to many of our Cleveland Park customers.

When I return in a week's time from my vacation at the Outer Banks I will consider what to buy of these wines from Abel. If you want to see the wines please enlarge the pictures on your screen to get a better look.

I will write more about them as soon as I have a chance. In the meantime enjoy the pictures and let them tell you the stories that they can all by themselves. Cheers, TONY







Here are some photos I took this week when Abel came to taste me on his " new " releases.

For more technical info go to : uruguayimp@erols.com , www.abelsosawines.com or call Abel at : 301-983-9492. TONY

No comments: