Friday, June 5, 2009

Santa Barbara Verdicchio Di Castelli Di Jesi, 2008, W /Mara & Roberto/ Framed By Sun Outside Coming Through Window, M. Downey 2009 Portfolio Tasting












Enjoy these pictures that I took of the Monday ( May 27th, 2009 ) late morning, early afternoon tasting in northern Virginia at the annual Michael Downey portfolio wine-tasting with owners and winemakers and important other reps,marketing directors, office personnel, etcetera. In this case Roberto according to Brennan Downey does everything at SANTA BARBARA. Mara works in the office and marketing, too like Roberto. It was fun to meet them and taste with them. I'm only sorry that I could not see them at a dinner or other meal where we could have talked and I could have gotten to know them better as I feel that they are both gracious as well as quite knowledgeable. I would have loved to have traded fun stories with them.

In these photos I just focus on the Verdicchio dry white 2008 ( $10.99 ) although they poured other whites and reds. I will mention those , too at a later date. I liked very much the Verdicchio and have it back in the store. It's a perfect all-purpose dry white with great mineral and citrus overtones and for the price will work with many salads ( warm and cold ) and with other picnic, outdoors foods including grilled white meats, fish, etcetera. And don't forget all the cheeses that it will compliment . I loved the way the light of the window framed them as it was quite sunny outside this late May Monday morning/afternoon.

For more technical information go to : www.vinisantabarbara.it ( 12.5% , $10.99 ). Be sure and ask for Mara or Roberto. After you see these photos you will feel like you already know them.

We sell currently this wine here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in our nation's capitol. Cheers, TONY

No comments: