Friday, June 12, 2009

Sam Adams Boston " New " Flavors Beer Tasting Friday, May 29th, 2009 At Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits

This was a really fun SAM ADAMS beer-tasting and the story here is of two brothers coming to taste and enjoy both the old and the " new " flavors offered of the ' Honey Porter and the Blackberry Witbeir.

The Honey Porter ia made in an English style and the honey is from Scottish heather.

The blackberries come from Oregon in the Blackberry Witbeir. Both are from the SAM ADAMS " Brewmasters' Collection ".



And so this one story begins surrounded of course by so many others that touch, collide, complement and so often exist simultaneously without regard for one or the other as is so often the case.






I love the picture above because on the wall above it welcomes everyone to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I work and manage the wine department. We welcome everyone to the store : always, no exceptions. It has to be this way.

As you can see by the picture below that I have taken a picture from an interesting family. I love taking these pictures because sometimes I capture something really special and intriguing.

I like capturing the various moments from various angles. Here the beer is being poured.




There were many tasters this early evening at Cleveland Park. I chose to capture this moment of the two brothers because I know their father quite well and I know that his sons love beer as much as they love wine if not more.




They are also about the same age as the lady here that works for SAM ADAMS and I like that, too.






I asked these three to let me take their pictures and they agreed.




What had I said to this young lady to get this reaction from her? I like it : unrehearsed, spontaneous.




Here I go again with my artsy, whimsical pictures again. I know that they are perhaps not as flattering as the young lady would like : but she is beautiful and I hope she will forgive me for them. I do love the golden color of the beer here that I finally captured in my glass as I had intended all along.




I love this last picture. It shows this young lady's youthful beauty and an innocence/charm.

She sold lots of beer. The SAM ADAMS beers are all excellent in their own fashion. It just depends which style or flavor that you are in the mood for at the time. I enjoyed them all on this occasion.

It's now Sunday, June 28th, 2009 at 3:11 PM on a beautiful day as I type and finally post this blog. It sometimes takes me longer than I would like. Oh well, better late than never.

Just a couple of days' ago I was at Cleveland Park and I watched this same young blond girl work on our new window display in the store-front window. She and her colleague worked speedily and with real efficiency. I took some pictures of that window going up and will include them as soon as I can. It was fun to witness. It looks good, too. Thanks for both young lady ...




Enjoy these photos, cheers ... and being an artist I can never stop. I just looked one last time at this last picture. Notice how this young lady's hair and eyelashes match the color in the label pictured. It's a pretty close match. A bientot to great beers, cervesas et les bieres ... TONY

No comments: