Thursday, June 18, 2009

Morgan Hartman Of Vine Connections Serendipitous Tasting @ Cleveland Park ( SUSANABALBO, Argentina ) & MUKUNE /TAKASAGO GINGA Sakes Tues. 6/16/09

This was a great tasting and I think it shows in these pictures show. Both Molly and Dan came by at the end and it was fun to see them again. I have posted these in my artsy way and I hope you all like them.



What do shoes have to do with wine? Everything probably. I liked them so I took the picture. Hope you all like it, too.



As I said being an artist I reserve the right to put pictures and text that I want and I hope you all will allow me this freedom. It's all so " of the moment " and serendipitous as I like. It's more likely to catch you off guard and transport you all ( me, too ) to places I'd like to go and sometimes need a little shove in the right direction to actually accomplish this goal. Cheers ...


































It was great to see Morgan Hartman once again even though only briefly here. Morgan actually tasted here this past Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 from 5-8PM. We had some SUSANA BALBO Bonarda/Syrah dry red blend in stock as well as some of the 2008 Malbec ( Both $16.49 a bottle, as well as the 2008 Torontes white ). We also had two of the Vine Connections sakes available to taste : the MUKUNE : Root Of Innocence " ($21.49 ) and the TAKASAGO GINGA SHIZUKU " Divine Droplets " ( $32.99 ).

This was great impromptu tasting and everyone had a grand time : learned about sake and how elegant and refined and pleasing it can be. Morgan talked about all the foods and ways that you can serve a sake, explaining the history, the purity of the water source and the polishing of the grains of rice up to 50% or more.

Morgan basically sold us out and we will have more very shortly. Thanks Morgan, come again anytime. You are without a doubt one of my favorite people ever that I have met and gotten to know and admire here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com ).

Come get some of these excellent living wines and sakes here at Cleveland Park here in our nation's capitol. Cheers, TONY

No comments: