Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Met Alejandro Vigil, Principal Winemaker of CATENA ZAPATA Winery, Argentina, Yesterday Miercoles, June 3rd, 2009 With Alfredo/ Had Lunch At Nam Viet



These are the pictures that I took of Alejandro and Alfredo when they came to visit me here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine..com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) a couple of weeks ago. It's now Wednesday evening here in the store at 8 P.M. and I can go home and see my family this June 10th, 2009. I can't wait either.



It was fun to show Alejandro my book of pictures that I took when I visited Argentina ( CATENA and VALENTIN BIANCHI ) back in 1995 with Nora Favelukes who took great care of us. It was a trip through Alfred and Billington : thanks for such a wonderful trip guys.



Our meals at Nam Viet are always so tasty and memorable. The food is great and this time we simply enjoyed the food and some jasmine tea, too.



I think Alejandro enjoyed looking at my book of photos from my trip back in 1995 when I met Pedro and Jose Galante, as well as Jose's wife, Beatrice. I also met a number of the Catena family and that was a very special treat. They all treated us as if we were their family and I will never forget that fabulous hospitality. Gracias para todos.


I will include later some of the pictures of that trip way back when in 1995. In the meantime enjoy these that I took of Alejandro and Alfredo.



I drew quickly some portrait sketches of Alejandro and gave him and Alfredo some of the black ink sketches that I did for possible wine labels back in 1985. Gracias Alfredo e Alejandro.











It was great to meet Alejandro Vigil yesterday over lunch at Nam Viet ( Miercoles, June 3rd, 2009 ) around 1 PM or so. Alejandro is the principle winemaker at CATENA ZAPATA ( Calle Cobos ( 5509 ) Agrelo, Mendoza, Argentina Tel ( 54-261 ) 413-1100 Nextel 54*214*3326 alejandrov@catenazapata.com www.catenazapata.com. We did not drink any wine, it was a casual meeting and we had a really nice, agreable time for about forty minutes or so over the excellent food at Nam Viet.

Later I asked Alejandro to come by the store ( Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) to meet Mike Martin and to sign our bottles of his wine on the shelf which he kindly did. I drew a quick portrait of him and gave him some old xeroxed copies that I made quickly of sketches done in the 80's with the idea that they might become wine labels of mine. I also drew a quick portrait in ink of him and gave him that, too.



Here are my two Morning Poems that I wrote thinking about him, Alfredo and our meeting yesterday for the first time. Here they are, hope you like them.


The Tip The Top The I
Tap Did Bit Of Alej
Yeah Jan Jan And So
Dro Dro Treint Mas
Cinco Seise Tot-Bien
Met He Wit Ith
Alf My Fred Red
Do Do Yest Lun-Ter
Unch Hunch Vie
Iet Na Na Nam
Ester Yester Joy
Grea Gest Grac Rac
Acia Cias Todos Dos
Bres Chil So Si Leno
Con With Arge Large
Jov Ov Oven Rgen
Tan Tan Tano Et
With Irl Rlan Lan
Dais Daise Iri Ri Ri I
Be Irish Con Los Dos

#3 Le 4 Jui, 2009 Jueves morning a 9:52 AM en Virginie en voiture on a cool, nice, agreeable, n0-sun morn ...



Me I Si Claro Did
Meet Rec So Contra
Tra Tra Trar Alej
Jan Jan Andro
Con Alf Fre Fre
Redo Mier Si Col
Col Oles Oles Ole!
Nos Did Come 'Gether
Comer Viet Con Nam
Cat Gato At Ten
Twen Veinte Diex
Tena Bod Ode
Deg Deg Ega Catena
Senor Treinta Si
Cinco Mas Anos
Vinos Rojos Blancos
Arg Mend Si Doz
Anos Encora Joven Si Buenos

#4 Le 4 Juin, 2009 Jeuves matin a 9:59 AM en Virginie en voiture on a gray, cool, nice - I like it morn ...


I take lots of liberties and shred / chop words in three languages ( English, French and Spanish ) - I hope you like the results. You have to piece the picture(s) together. Cheers, hasta luego Alejandro... Gracias para todos ... TONY

No comments: