Monday, June 1, 2009

Drinking Picpoul De Pinet & Rosso Cube ( Cantina Novelli ) With My Wife On Our Deck Out Back, Monday, June1st, 2009 : What A Delight!

I already started writing about this below and before I added the pictures. I'd like to add that my wife and I also drank some of the " Rosso Cube " Umbrian 3 Autoctoni 2007 dry Italian red blend of three grapes from Umbria ( perhaps Merlot, Sagrantino and Sangiovese? ). We also liked it along with the Picpoul de Pinet dry French white from the southwest around Gascogny and not far from the French?spanish border.



Funny, the smoked Atlantic salmon and the dry white French Picpoul de Pinet did not really complement each other : on their own they were each brilliant though.

I like to take these pictures of the labels bent and distorted and more revealing through the wine glass and they wine that's inside the bottle. I'm never quite sure what I will get and I love the challenge of getting something fun and special : something that adds a new dimension so to speak. What do you all think? Do you like the effect that I got tonight with my old, reliable Kodak Easy Share CX 4200 camera?



















Ahhh, the prospect of dinner now so close at hand with my wife and my son. I could only wish that my daughter and mother were here, too : and the rest of our families, to enjoy this beautiful moment together.




I was transfixed/ transported by this big swirl of a white, wispy cloud just above us at the time and had to take several pictures of it to preserve it. I loved it's delicate quality and sense of gentle movement with the baby blue sky ( no humidity, few mosquitoes ) backdrop. It was pretty much magical and so calming and peaceful for me at the time. Does it do anything for you?




You can see that at dinner which I made tonight ( I make our family meal every Monday evening ) of shrimp, baked potatoes, three-colored pepper salad and a pepper and garlic-rubbed pork tenderloin that we drank some of the " Rossocube " Umbrian red blend of three grapes from Umbria. For more info go to : www.cantinanovelli.it and cantina@grupponovelli.it . I liked it quite a bit, from the very start : so did my wife. It was smooth enough right away and had fresh, forward red berry fruit with very soft tannins. It needed a bit of time to reveal more of it's various flavors : a cross between the traditional and the modern style of wine-making that worked quite nicely for the two of earlier this evening/late afternoon.




Enjoy these photos that I took earlier this late afternoon / early evening, Monday, June 1st, 2009 with my wife out back on our deck when she got home from work and I finished my yard work and before our son got home from taking a make-up test and choir practice for Wednesday's big performance. Cheers.

Oh, we drank a bottle of 2008 dry French southwest wine from Gascogny called Picpoul de Pinet along with our Atlantic smoked salmon and multi-grained crackers. With all the sun and the bright blue sky and no humidity this was pretty much a slice of heaven-on-earth for the two of us. TONY

1 comment:

Célio said...

Olá, passei para dar uma olhadinha em seu blog, muito interessante. Parabéns.
Abraços.