Saturday, June 6, 2009

Eliza CRIVELLI Of Castagnole, Piemonte Pours @ Michael Downey Portfolio Wine Tasting

I had the pleasure of meeting and tasting along with others with Eliza Crivelli, the neice of the owner of CRIVELLI ( Castagnole, Piemonte, Italy ) at the annual Michael Downey portfolio tasting. She tasted a whole selection of her family's wines. I liked them all pretty much across the board but remember really enjoying this " Collina La Mora " 2007 Barbera D'Asti CRIVELLI, $16.49. We have some currently at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandoparkwine.com 202-363-4265.



There's art in simply opening a bottle of wine : and Eliza does it with such finesse.



Here you can Eliza displayed the incredible variety that CRIVELLI provides us all here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.



I can't help myself : I really enjoyed taking all these pictures of Eliza and I will soon include more info about the wines. I love the Ruche and we always have it here, sell it out quickly and need to order more!


Good thing that Brennan Downey will be here in the store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) tomorrow , June 10th, 2009 so that I may finish ordering the wines I need and want and look forward to selling again or for the very first time.





Finally a moment to catch one's breath as there was such a constant stream of people in attendance this lovely Monday. Eliza, thanks for this excellent tasting. I look forward to getting more of your family's excellent selections to our store in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. : our nation's capitol.

It was nice to finally meet someone from CRIVELLI. Cheers ...






I love when people speak with their hands. I can't stop snapping pictures like this and so I ask your indulgence here with me. On top of all of this she is a beautiful young lady and family. She immediately caught my attention, even from across the room. So I thought I would lead with these photos to set the mood before I showed you all pictures of her wine and the rest that I took to complete the picture here.

I have so much more to say but it will have to wait till I can find another moment. In the meantime I will post what I have written so far with these pictures for everyone to enjoy. Hope you like them Eliza. Let me know your comments, please. Cheers and caio, TONY

No comments: