Sunday, May 31, 2009

Morgan Hartman With PICARDY Winery's ( Pemberton, Western Australia, 2005 ) Owners Dan & Jodie Pannell :Their Visit To Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits



I'm glad that in this picture above I got such a nice picture of both Dan and Jodie. It was great to have them here at Cleveland Park and to taste their current releases with them. It's always helpful to have a chance to taste with the owners and winemakers and to have them right there if you have any specific questions to ask them. I know I was really impressed with their Chardonnay on this visit : of all the wines it was the most evolved to my palate and the most ready to drink. Dan makes with his father wines that age slowly and gracefully and that really do benefit from waiting and not rushing to drink them immediately. I like that : I like it a lot. Be patient and you will be so well rewarded for your patience that you will not believe your taste buds' content when you finally try these classic, traditional-style wines that are made to complement the foods that they are served with and not replace them ( the foods ) entirely.



Here's a bottle before Dan ( in the picture below ) that he has already signed. Is this one for Matt and Janice? I can't read the writing on the bottle unfortunately : can you?




Here I take a picture of Dan and Jodie Pannell and Morgan Hartman and Theresa Morrison. On the round tasting table at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits I have put out some of the PICARDY wines that we had for sale at the time. Looks like a bottle of the PICARDY Chardonnay was open along with a bottle each of the PICARDY Pinot Noir and the PICARDY Shiraz.




Dan gets ready to either open a bottle here or sign one : which is it?!




Here Dan is signing a bottle of either their PICARDY Pinot Noir or their Shiraz to both Matt and Janice while Morgan laughs at something or some comment that one of us made. We have so much fun when the owners and winemakers join us like this. I always try and pull my customers into these spontaneous meetings like these. In this case Matt and Janice just happened to be at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) at the right moment in time. They are such lovely people and really do love wine. They were probably going to share this with their son or with their relatives out in California is my bet.




This is a picture that was taken also by Theresa Morrison I believe of Dan And Jodie with our good customers Matt and Janice. I'm sure we had just finished tasting whatever wines that Dan and Jodie brought ot sample of their PICARDY wines.




It's great to be in this group picture with Dan, Jodie, Morgan and myself. Theresa Morrison featured in one of the other group pictures before probably took this picture of the four of us. Thanks Theresa. I guess you came to show me some of your excellent South African portfolio that you sell through Boutique Vineyards ( your own company )?





Enjoy these photos that I took when Morgan Hartman brought Dan and Jodie Pannell to visit us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits back in late 2005 or early 2006: I have to check the dates. In the meantime I'm going to download the pictures and go from there. It's been wonderful selling thier wine over the years : I loved my visit with Chris Pigott of Country Vintners last February 2008. We had a blast times ten if not more. It was enough to write an entire book filled with stories. Our visit to PICARDY where we saw Dan and Jodie and got to met their two children ( a young boy and an even younger girl ) was very special.

I will write more as I add these pictures. TONY

No comments: