Saturday, May 16, 2009

Off To PEARMUND CELLARS Today, May 16th, 2009 - Saturday Afternoon To See D.J. : Then To U.V.A. To See Our Daughter Graduate From College! WOW!!


















This is an exciting weekend for us Quinns! I'm off from work this Saturday and it's time to drive down to PEARMUND CELLARS for our first visit and then down to Charlottesville. Here are some self-portraits that I did in 1991 I believe. Enjoy. Cheers, TONY


PS : I was going to add more all along. It's just after midnight now on May 17th ( now actually the 18th, 2009 ) and my wife, son and I saw our daughter ( his sister ) graduate earlier today at U.V.A. and it was quite the sight : we had a glorious time.

The day before we stopped off at PEARMUND CELLARS where assistant winemaker D.J. gave us a wonderful tasting and I tried the " new " 2007 vintage of some of the wines ( the two meritage reds as well as the new Petit Verdot - I loved it ) as well as an excellent 2006 Cabernet Franc that grew on me in all it's subtlety and finesse.

At the end as D.J. signed the two bottles we purchased of the 2008 Sauvignon Blanc and the 2008 dry Riesling I was able to also taste the 2007 Cabernet Franc. It is the vintage that D.J. made with owner Chris Pearmund and I liked it depth and concentration but it was not showing as well at this stage. I would prefer drinking now the 2006 Cabernet Franc and leaving the 2007 alone to age and to develop and shed some of it's bulk and undefined-as-yet density.

It's been a glorious weekend with many really great surprises. I will down;oad some of the pictures from this weekend as soon as I can. I took lots : I always do these days. Cheers, and till tomorrow when I continue and finish the stories here that I still want very much to share with you all. Bonsoir et a demain, TONY

No comments: