Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NEWTON, DRUMMER, CA./ MITOLO & STANLEY LAMBERT-Aussie Wines/ Margot, Lindsay, Scott, Greg & Chris At Cleveland Park Wed. May 20th, 2009



























This was quite the tasting and everyone got involved as everyone seemed to arrive here at the same time from owner Scott Peterson Of DRUMMER CA. wines as well as owner Lindsay Stanley of STANLEY-LAMBERT, Barossa wines ( with Chip of Atlantic distributors ) - as well as the Mclaren South Australian wines of --- with from New Zealand that worked fourteen years ago with my good friend Duncan MacGillevray of LONGVIEW Vineyards in Adelaide, Australia. Small world, really, .... Margot Pascal ( Moet Hennessy USA )212) 251-8548 Fax : (212) 251-8335 marguerite.pascal@mhusa.com, she came with Greg of Washington Wholesalers ) is from New York City and sells California wines and both her parents are from France ( Burgundy, she writed : " My heart stays in Burgundy! Visitez Givry. " ). Go figure?!? Chris of Monument Selections brought us Carmen Houston, too : what a wine party it was of great tastes from all over!

I really liked the two red label bottles of both NEWTON Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon and will order them and have them here on my next order from Greg. Don't forget to remind me Greg! I liked how polished and refined - elegant, even the two wines were - so consistently good and reliable. I like those traits, really I do : and the pricing is very fair for this excellent quality in two wines that will marry really well with many meals and food choices.

Margot and I talked French for awhile until Stanley showed up and I invited him over, and then I invited Carmen Houston ( P.O. Box 520 Virginia SA 5120 Tel: +618 8282 9030 carmen.houston@mitologroup.com.au www.mitolowines.com.au ) over ( from New Zealand ) that poured the MITOLO Wines ( the owner is Italian and from Calabria was it? He even makes a Cabernet Sauvignon with the Amarone method of curing/drying the grapes- wonderful, only $65 a bottle!. Carmen writes : " Thanks for enjoying our wines - Remember the Reiver! They make Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz wines as well as a fabulous and delightful rose of Sangiovese. Chris of Monument Imports brought Carmen here. It's her first visit to the U.S. Welcome Carmen both to the U.S. and Washington D.C. and of course to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Hope you are enjoying this first visit of yours. Hope we have made it a bit more enjoyable/memorable for you.

And Scott Peterson of S.P. DRUMMER winery, California ( 707-935-6883 scottyp@sonic.net www.spdrummer.com ) showed up, too ( he's the owner, winemaker and knows our good friend Jed Steele ) and had two wines to taste as well. I loved his Cabernet Sauvignon : it pretty much said it all for me. I will have some here shortly. Thanks Scott.

Being the consummate host that I am I felt bad that everyone was waiting so I invited everyone to gather around and to taste and share their wines all at the same time. It was special and grand.

Lindsay Stanley had his elegant 2004 Thoroughbred Cabernet Sauvignon, Barossa valley that he was tasting. I've enjoyed selling it over the years. It's really elegant with a bit of acidity and spice in the finish that cries out for some food. It's only medium-bodied and will complement many a dish.



Enjoy these photos that I took as the tasting unfolded and evolved : blossomed for one and for all. I will fill in more of the details as time permits. They all had wonderful wines that we sell or have sold and it was wonderful to catch up and to see what was currently available. Some of all these selections will soon be here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ). Call Mike Martin or me ( Anthony Quinn ) to check on any of these wines that you might wish to buy. Cheers, TONY

No comments: