Thursday, May 7, 2009

Katharina Prum At Cleveland Park Wines Last Night, Wed. May6th, 2009 : Tastes Seven 2007 Mosel Rieslings/ Graacher Him & Weh. Sonn/Kab-Spat-Auslese




















This was a great tasting : one of our best and most fun ever. Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy. These are at the tail-end of the three-hour tasting and the crowds had thinned at after 7 PM. It gave these people a better chance to really talk to Katharina one-on-one and that's a good thing as there's so much to say about these excellent German Mosel Rieslings. I included one picture of all the bottles lined up so that you may blow it up and see the various labels to know what we tasted. I will write more about the wines individually, too. I will add this as I have time.

In the meantime know that they wines were sublime and though I liked the whole lot my favorite yesterday was the Wehlener Sonnenuhr 2007 Spatlese. It just had everything for me and it was showing so beautifully throughout both tastings ( the one here at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits and the one before it for the wine trade up at the corner of Macomb and Wisconsin Avenue at Oenology Wine Bar ( the location of the old Zebra Room ). cheers, TONY

No comments: