Monday, May 18, 2009

Claire, Our French Rep For LABOURE-ROI Brought Me A Bottle Of 2007 Macon-Villages Unoaked Chard " St. Armand " / Nice With My Lovely Wife 5/ 18/09















We have been sitting outside now for the last forty-five minutes on our deck out back here in Annandale, Virginia our home. I've been grilling our dinner as I make the meals for the family on Sundays and Mondays. Those are my two days-off and I like to contribute where I can. I also like to grill.

I've been enjoying taking some liberties with my KODAK Easy Share CX4200 digital camera taking pictures of the wine, the bottle, the golden capsule and the red corkscrew with the background of trees and woods and the sky and sun. It's been a beautiful day here and I have done yard work all day.

It was great to see our daughter graduate from U.V.A. yesterday in Charlottesville. We had a wonderful time there and she has worked so hard and made us all so proud : we can't ask for anything more.

The bottle of LABOURE-ROI St. Armand unoaked Chardonnay started off a bit cold and steely and sharp in places. I kept waiting for it to soften and to morph and to lose it's edginess. It finally did about forty-five minutes or so later and I began to enjoy it a whole lot more in this rounder, lusher state of creamy-dreamy-lulling ( like being in a baby cradle and rocked - or a hammock or a rocker ). It's really showing well now and I can't wait to have another glass in a few minutes when my wife returns with our son that has been at his swimming practice.

I will report more later. Now I am going to download these pictures that I just took and I hope that you all like them. I think they bring other angles and other things to the table to add to the extensive and complete reviews that are often all that we get when we consider a wine.

Thanks Claire : merci pour le Macon-Villages et le Beaujolais Villages. We will have both in the store tomorrow, Tuesday May 19th, 2009 for sale once again. Cheers, TONY


P.S. I just enjoyed my grilled chicken and Italian sweet sausages with my family a few minutes ago. The St. Armant 2007 worked really well with the boneless chicken thighs as well as with the Italian sweet sausages that had fennel in them. As a matter of fact the unoaked Chardonnay whir Burgundy from LABOURE-ROI worked beautifully together. I really enjoyed the combination and it was not one that I would have immediately thought of as working well together.

I try not to prejudge a situation : that's why I like serendipitous ones so much. I often learn more, am more surprised and pleased when I come without any preconceived notions. I may be less-informed at first this way but what happens afterward as I experience first-hand ( with only my hands, eyes, ears, nose and taste buds ) is that I bring my feelings and reactions into play and not someone Else's. This is worth a gold mine, really it is. You just have to be brave enough to trip and fall, soar and fly and leap and depend on yourself and not someone else or a group of someone Else's. I know, it takes courage and balls and confidence : try it, you will I believe learn more on your own terms and thus be able to apply better what you have learned, experienced and enjoyed.

This has been a grand day on what became a beautiful afternoon and evening here in northern Virginia. Oh, and tonight I get to watch the season finale of " Gossip Girls " with my son. No, this has nothing to do with wine : I know that. But this is a blog - my blog - and I take lots of liberties with it. Hope you don't mind. Cheers again now at 8:39 PM on Monday night, May 18th, 2009.

Oh, one last thing : I think Claire will be joining us again this coming 4th of July at the store to taste some of her excellent LABOURE-ROI French wines. Go to the search engine here and look at that earlier blog with Claire at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department with Mike Martin's help ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265, sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ). TONY

No comments: