Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brennan Downey & Spanish Importer ( Showing ROSSINYOL Sparkling, VAL SOTILLO Ribera Del Duero ) Estebe Of Trade Winds Imports Here May 2009

It was great to have a chance to talk with Estebe here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) the other day when Brennan Downey brought him by to taste some of his Spanish releases. Estebe was at the annual Michael Downey portfolio tasting earlier that I attended but I did not get around to tasting at his table. That's okay, I caught up some here at the store.




Estebe brought a series of his wine including some sparkling cavas from ROSSINYOL ( a dry rose and a dry regular brut, both at $20.99 ) : he also brought some excellent Ribera Del Duero from VAL SOTILLO, $38.99 ). I really enjoyed these three.




I was writing the store wine email at the time and so I was seated here at my Apple computer and writing, tasting and taking pictures sitting down.




I enjoyed these selections from Estebe and will include some sometime soon as we really enjoy working with Brennan the son of Michael Downey that I used to work with years ago back at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits back in the mid eighties.




It's now Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 at 1:35 PM on a glorious , no-humidity, sunny, breezy, baby-blue sky afternoon here in Cleveland Park and Brennan was just here. We spoke about Estebe and I will make arrangements soon to include at least one or two selections from this portfolio.




Brennan also said that he would speak to Estebe about arranging an in-store wine-tasting here sometime soon. That would be good : it's a great way to quickly introduce wines from a new supplier/ importer.




Estebe, come by the store soon with another round of your Spanish wines and let's organize a wine-tasting for our Cleveland Park customers.




Brennan, thanks for bringing Estebe by.




I can't resist taking pictures through the wine glass : it has become my signature photograph for the foreseeable future. I like the way the light and the glass distort and play off each other. I'm never quite sure what I will get. I like being surprised.




Cheers, and stay-tuned for more information and insights on these wines of Estebe's. Cheers, TONY

No comments: