Sunday, April 26, 2009

THELEMA Rhine Riesling 2004 Tasted Late Afternoon & Again Late Evening, Saturday, April 25th, 2009







I just blogged about my day with a bottle of THELEMA 2004 Rhine Riesling yesterday, Saturday April 25th, 2009. By accident I put it on my chatart blog here on blog spot. To see the pictures and the full story just go to the main page of charwine and go to the right bottom column that says : View complete profile , click that and scroll down until you see my other blogs and click on chatart.blogspot.com to see the THELEMA Rhine Riesling, 2004 Steelenbosch, South African blog.

It's in anticipation of tomorrow : " Freedom Day " in South Africa, Monday, April 27th, 2009. Cheers everyone : and don't forget to come to our tasting of South African wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine,com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ). It's free, bring some family and friends ! It's from 5:30-8:30 PM We are celebrating 350 years of wine-making in South Africa ( February , 2009 ) as well as " Freedom Day ".

ALSO : my goof Italian friend Alessandro Furlan ( of the Franco Furlan winery, Friuli, Italy ) will be in the store on Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 ( 5-8 PM ) to taste four of his Italian wine imports which includes the DEGANI Valpolicella as well as three other vineyrads from Franciacorta ( a sparkling wine ), a Docetto from Piemonte and a Rosso di Montalcino from Tuscany. JOIN US : NEVER any charge!

Cheers, TONY


UPDATES : The Big Theme South Africa Wine-Tasting At Cleveland Park Was a big success and all the THELEMA wines showed beautifully, including the 2004 Rhine Riesling pictured here. It had more fruit and was rounder and more forward in it's flavors than this bottle that we originally sampled. We are selling it ON SALE for $12.99 and that's quite the deal.

I was going to sample the last bit in the bottle and so I chilled it. I got home the next evening and found that my wife had enjoyed it before I arrived. She liked it : and that was now on a three-day old bottle of wine : not bad. Oh well, that will have to do. I would have liked to have taken a picture of it and it's color against the green bottle and label.

I have done better, I have taken the bottle outside and taken pictures showing our beautiful spring here with all the new green growth of leaves and shrubs, bushes; the azaleas in full bloom, the pink wygelea( spelling? ), sky, trees above our house. I even dropped the bottle onto the ground and hid it in a canopy of green vines and ground cover. I've even taken a picture with our terrier-mix dog and one of me reflected in our front door storm-door. I hope it came out?

It's bee a fun journey with this one bottle of THELEMA Rhine Riesling 2004 dry white.

I spoke to Marci our Constantine wine rep and she told me that I got the names of the father and son owners confused : Gyles is the father and Thomas is the son. Sorry for the confusion. I may not have your name spelled correctly Gyles ( it might be Giles? ) but when I met you you gave me your son's card and I thought it was yours. Sorry again for that. Oh well, all is green, lush and verdant here and growing like mad.

It's still South Africa month ( May 2009 ) at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and we are having a wonderful time talking and selling all things South African. Cheers, TONY

No comments: