Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ted Plemons, Owner Of CASS Vineyards Here Tasting " New " Vintages Wed. April 22nd, 2009 With Charlie's Nice Legs Imports


     Partner Ted Plemons of CASS Vineyard & Winery ( Steve Cass, owner 7350 Linne Road, Paso Robles, California 93446  ted@casswines.com  www.casswines.com ) here yesterday, Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 with Charlie Dunn's Nice Legs imports to taste us on the " new " releases from CASS. We like and sell the wines already. Check out the earlier blog I have on Steve Cass from 2008 for more info.

     Mike Martin and I here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington D.C. have been selling the wines for the last two years or so : ever since Charlie brought us an assortment to try. We immediately bought some of the white Viognier and the red Cabernet Sauvignon.

     Ted wrote in our guest book before leaving : " Tony, Mike & Marci ,  I expect a good blog! Life is good and we will do nothing that is not fun!  " signed Ted Plemons. Our rep Marcie Weinstein was here at the same time and I asked her if she wanted to taste to which she said " yes " and so I asked Ted to include here name here in the guest book! Fun!!!! All fun, lots of sales, too : the wheels must always go round, n'est ce pas vrai?!?

     It was great this serendipitous tasting. Ted came in beaming as if he already knew me. His smile was clear to me from the back of the store to the front. You can see it here in some of these candids I took of him not always aware that the camera was pointed up at him and occasionally clicking.

     We tasted a great roussanne white that is 100% stainless-steel and so fresh, round, smooth, bright and elegant : no burn.  














     Enjoy these photos of Ted, Charlie, Mike & me here at Cleveland Park Wines.  TONY


I'm having some technical difficulties with this post : it's all in computer script and I want to continue here and talk more about the Roussanne white that I enjoyed so much. It left a great impression with me because it is made in all stainless steel tanks ( it won't stain / drain/pain you with excessive oak, I love that ! ) ; and I could see myself easily enjoying couple of glasses or more with or without a meal. We have ordered that to come to the store. We also have some more Cabernet Sauvignon coming along with the Viognier white that many of our customers alreadys ask for and some even depend on? No, they just want some and are really sad when we are out!

This time we will not buy the Grenache or the " Rockin " dry red Rhone blend. I did not care as much this go-round for the Grenache : in fact it was my least favorite because it was the wine of all these that really cried out for food with it's extra edge and rippin' spice. I would have changed my tune I am sure if I had been at a luncheon with the wine. We'll bring it back another time. We have sold pretty much the whole CASS lineup over the last two years or more : especially when owner Steve Cass came and did an in-store wine-tasting a year or so ago. That was fun, too.

I liked the " Rockin " blend because it was fuller , deeper, denser and bathed completely my tongue - saturating it really nicely, firmly yet with thought.

The Caberent Sauvignon I loved because it made me think of what Cabernet Sauvignon probably tasted like in it's original form before it became more than an excellent accompaniment to a meal. Now I feel that in so many cases the world is calling on for everything to be more than what it is and for theatrics and pomp and circumstance, flare, flash, fireworks, etcetera where a nice candle-lit eveing would do just fine if not even better.Don't strain your eyes, just relax and close them some briefly and let the wine work it's natural magic ( as this CASS Caberent Sauvignon does ) without so much interruption.

Come again soon Ted. We need to have you and your beaming countenance here next to do an in-store wine-tasting of CASS wines. Cheers ... TONY

No comments: