Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Susan McCarthy Owner Of KENNEDY POINT ( Waiheke Island, Aukland, New Zealand ) Here At Cleveland Park Wines Wed. April 1st, 2009

     I learned about Syrah from Susan that she makes brilliantly there on Waiheke Island. It tastes a lot like the northern French wines that inspired it I am sure like the Cote Rotie, Cornas and Hermitage wines.  I'd never heard of either the island or them making Syrah ( with a splash of Viognier ) in New Zealand.

     I like it so much along with the elegant Sauvignon Blanc ( no gooseberry ) that I tasted with her and Jeremy Sutton our Kysela Imports rep and have decided to have Jeremy pour them both this Saturday,  April 5th, 2009 from 1-5 PM. If you are free you should join us.

     Check out my previous blog with GLENFIDDICH and BALVENIE. I got Susan to be in those photos, too as she is a big GLENFIDDICH fan.

     I will write more about Susan's visit soon but want to post these fun photos now. 











     It was great to have owner Susan McCarthy of KENNEDY POINT ( 44 Donald Bruce Road, Aukland New Zealand,  Tel: (09) 372 5600  info@kennedypointvineyard.com,   www.kennedypointvineyard.com ) here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.

     Cheers,   TONY

No comments: