Saturday, April 25, 2009

Olivia Owner Of VOILA Selections Tastes ( 4/09 ) : DOM. DE CAMBIS, DOM. DU PRE BARON, DOMAINE ARMAND Et DOM. LA CROIX BELLE French Wines @ CPW





This was another one of Olivia's fabulous tastings of excellent French country wines that have not been discovered yet and very much deserve to be. She and her husband that own and run VOILA Selections and Imports are seeing to that. Now they have the help of Sotiris Bafitis as well to ensure theirs as well as their wines' success in a very difficult and competitive D.C. metropolitan area.





I am sure glad that I take a picture of these labels so that I may more easily remember what it is that I have tasted in the past at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).






I apologize that this late afternoon tasting was done with Olivia back in April sometime of 2009 and here it is already Monday evening at home in northern Virginia at 11:44 PM, 2009. Wow, hpw time passes quickly when I am having the time of my life artistically, creatively and where all wine enjoyment and sharing of all these passions is involved. 2009 has been a grand year for me and all of this : and I have felt at the very height of all my artistic expression and this has worked itself completely into my selling and educating my customers on the enjoyment and appreciation of all things wine/food/family and gatherings of spirit, soul, heart and warmth and good feelings, etcetera.






Olivia brought me six French wines was it on this particular occasion? I will count them again. Anyway, of these six wines we have sold already two of them : the DOMAINE DE CAMBIS dry rose 2008, $16.49 from France's southwest area called Saint Chinian : " La Vie En Rose ". Talk about elegance, finesse, breed and refinement all wrapped around one's palate in sip after sip after sip. It's charming and sure to please almost anyone.





WE have also sold the DOMAINE LA CROIX BELLE red " Le Champs Des Lys " blend of Grenache and Viognier. Both have been very successful at the store and I need to order some more now of the DOMAINE LA CROIX BELLE as I believe we may be completely out of it. It's a solid Rhone-style dry red with flavor, character , personality and charm : medium-bodied and very approachable now.







Olivia also brought me some " other new " wines like the ELIGANTE 2007 dry red Touraine from the DOMAINE PRE BARON, the 2006 Bourgogne Pinot Noir Burgundy from Philippe Gavinet, the DOMAINE ARMAND 2006 red Cotes Du Rhone and the C De C red which I cannot remember what it was? Help me Olivia and tell me what this French red was as I cannot for the life of me remember now. Au secours s'il te plait !




There is never a wine that is not worth looking over carefully here in their portfolio. Unfortunately we cannot buy all of them all of the time but we buy those that we need and have a spot for at any given time.




We have now been buying Olivia's wines for the last two years or so I believe and with Sotiris Bafitis on board to help them I believe we will continue to always have some selections at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits at any given time.

Cheers and Happy New Year to one and to all et Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee a tous. Venez nous voir au magasin ... come and see us anytime ... TONY

No comments: