Wednesday, April 1, 2009

John Morrison & I Visit LAIBACH Vineyards In Stellenbosch, South Africa & Meet & Taste With Michael Malherbe ( Managing Director ) & his Wife, Annette
























This was a quick visit ( Thursday, March 19th, 2009 ) and tasting where we met husband and wife Michael and Annette Malherbe ( managing directors ) of LAIBACH vineyards in Stellenbosch, South Africa. The vineyard is represented in Theresa Morrison's book WINELANDS but as yet they do not represent them. They are interested in possibly representing and selling the wines in the U.S. : thus our visit.

I liked the organic red and white that they called " Ladybird ". We here in the U.S. would call them " Ladybug " : one and the same. I actually liked quite a few of the wines and will look at my notes and include them here as soon as I have time. Annette gave us a great tasting and I bought a bottle of each the Ladybug red and white to give as a gift to John's daughter and son-in-law as they were nice enough to include me in a dinner earlier with John. I appreciated that. I think they will like both the wines as well as the excellent packaging.

Here are some of the pictures I took. As usual I took a lot of artistic licence with these photos trying to tell a story and to capture light reflections, legs on one of the glasses, etcetera. Hope you like them.

For more technical information on LAIBACH go to : LAIBACH Vineyards, R44 Klapmuts Road , Stellenbosch P.O. Box 7109 7599 Tel : +27 (0) 21 88 44 511 info@laibach.co.za. Lovely setting again, and the wines were quite nice, too. TONY

No comments: