Saturday, April 18, 2009

DE MEYE Stellenbosch, South Africa, Wed, March 18th, 2009: Philip, Marcus & Thildee Tasting " New " Wines 2009!


I have only downloaded some pictures here towards the end of our wine-tasting. I hope you like them as in these hues of reds and pinks and silvers they are quite atmospheric and original. The colors give them an almost " other worldly " feeling : I'm both drawn to them and a bit afraid and even repulsed by them as these colors give an eerie feeling . Oh well, they do document the moment and I love the ones of Thildee listening to her wine talk to her in the glass as she puts her ear to the rim of it.


Once I find my notes I will add more about these excellent wines themselves. So stay-tuned for much more to follow.























Exciting times these of tasting the new fermenting grapes of 2009 with DE MEYE'S owner Philip Myburgh, winemaker Marcus Milner and Thildee de Jaeger office-export manager. John Morrison took me and we had a wonderful, serendipitous experience and my new camera was playing red, pink, silver tricks on me! They are a bit different these pictures : expressive nonetheless! I hope you like them.

Cheers, TONY

No comments: