Monday, April 20, 2009

A Day @ Cleveland Park W/ F. LAILA & Nicole Kidman Filming Here & Winemaker/Owner Visits, Too : Luigi Bosca, Calutta, Nicodemi & More !


This was sometime in late 2005 or early 2006 ... I will have to check my records .... enjoy in the meantime.







Go To : tonywinestories.blogspot.com for all the blogs on this special day and time in Cleveland Park, Washington D.C.N.W.20008. Cheers, TONY and read on ....












The full stories of all of this are on my " other " Wine blog spot called tonywinestories.blogspot.com Go to : to see these full stories. In the meantime enjoy these pictures to get you curious enough to switch over to the other site which I created when I feared that I had exceeded my limit of pictures here at CHATWINE and feared that I would not be able to continue here as pictures are such an integral part of these blogs. Fortunately Justin came along and daved the day for me when I explained my plight. He got onto it at the store and within ten minutes had me up-and-running all over agaon with me just having to shell out $20. What a great deal ; one that I was relieved and thrilled to be making !

I had three different visits this afternoon. In the morning I had gone over to try and film some more footage of Nicole Kidman and there were so many people around and so many security peopl from the film asking us rather forcefully/bully-fashion to some degree to move along that my pictures are all from a distance of the Cleveland Park metro station and Connecticut Avenue N.W.

Here are some of the pictures of this day. I have included a few from the filming earlier in the week of Nicole in the Cleveland Park metro station as they are also on the new blog site called : winestories.blogspot.com.

I will soon fill ( as you can now see : I just did! Sorry for the delay ) in the names of the people and their wines as well from CALUTTA ( owner Giorgio Calutta ) to LUIGI BOSCA ( Alberto E. Arizu, Direstor Commercial ) and NICODEMI ( Elena Nicodemi fattoria.nicodemi@tin.it ), too. There was also with Elena Nicodemi Dr. Andrea Crocenzi of FATTORIA LAILA. Funny, memory fades and my guest books are at work I believe now. I did think that the owner of Nicodemi looked like an Italian version of Cher ; I told here so almost immediately, too. Her wines as were those of everyone visiting this day really great and it was difficult for me to taste because as good as they were ( they really were ! ).

As I said I liked all the wines but these wines from NICODEMI in Montepulciano really hit the spot for me this day from the white to the reds. I like these classic, dry, earthy, rustic-style wines that have weight and character and personality that speaks of their own , unique areas and that are always fabulous with a meal from simple to complex to totally spur-of-the-moment! Cheers.

I wanted to go over to Sorriso restaurant to see my friend owner Pietro and take some pictures in peace without being hassled by all the film crew guards asking us to move along : telling us we could not stand on public property! I didn't like hearing this though I could understand from their point of view.

Cheers, TONY

No comments: