Thursday, April 16, 2009

Curly More Stages Of Curly At HILLCREST Vineyards, Durbanville, South Africa, Mon. Mar. 16th, 2009


     I had a grand time in South Africa with John Morrison for that one week in March when the weather was wonderful and everything looked so beautiful and tasted so good ( both food and wines ). I had the time of my life.

     Pictured here regrettably in shades of reds and pinks and silvers ( it does give a different slant to the pictures, though ) are John Morrison, Curly ( the winemaker at HILLCREST Vineyards/Winery in Durbanville, South Africa ) and me. We were tasting both wines still fermenting and those already in the barrels and aging. We tried Merlot and Petit Verdot and others, too. I loved the " new " Petit Verdot that I am trying to convince Curly to bottle on it's own. We would buy some if not a lot. It was delicious, really : and would add to the equation of our wine world as there is very little Petit Verdot available to buy and enjoy.

     I will fill in more stories and info here as time allows. In the meantime enjoy these photos. I really like the washed-out, atmospheric effects I got with the sun behind him giving a glow or a hallo to Curly.  Cheers,  TONY













No comments: