Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BEAUMONT VINEYARD ( In The Heart Of South Africa Wine Country ! )Port-Style Foot-Stomping Event, Dinner & Fire, Too Friday Evening March 20th, 2009





























This was an amazing event and dinner with owners Jayne Beaumont and here two children, Sebastian ( winemaker, wife Nicci and little girl, too ) and daughter Ariane ( Ariane's a jewelry maker as well as a caterer, her husband Jean Pierre is a food critic, food-guide publisher ) : and assistant winemakers a lovely brunette and a young Frenchman named Frank from Jurancon. It was amazing. I was named by Sebastian the " best foot-stomper " of the evening. Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time.

Jayne is an artist, too as well as being the owner of BEAUMONT and she did the beautiful painting in the front of the winery/tasting area. Stay-tuned for more photos of this amazing afternoon/evening/breakfast the next morning! I loved where John and I stayed next to the old mill that they are painstakingly,slowly restoring. So many more exciting stories to follow .

Cheers, TONY

     P.S. I just got a lovely email from winemaker Sebastian telling me how much he has enjoyed these various blogs on South Africa and my particular perspective which he finds unlike most and very refreshing. He tell me that his assistant winemaker's name is Marelise. Also that his wife's name is Nici and his daughter is Sophie. I have just added all these pictures and will continue to add more pictures and stories as I have time. Sebastian also says that the grapes we all stomped that evening are now looking like they will produce an excellent port-like red wine in small quantities. I will certainly have to buy some for myself as I invested a lot of time personally on this project as the pictures attest to that I just received from Sebastian. I have copied them and put them up here around our tasting table.  TONY

No comments: