Monday, March 9, 2009

NICOLAS French rep Pierre Visits/ Tastes The '05 CH. LA GRANGE CLINET At His In-Store Wine-Tasting With Our Cleveland Park Wines' Customers In 2006



I love the smiles on everyone's faces. We had a great tasting with Pierre's NICOLA Selection wines of France. So Many of them represent excellent values : especially these that Pirre chose to taste this evening from a fine Loire Valley Muscadet to a equally fine Vouvray : a Provence white and rose and of course his family's own fabulous 2005 CHATEAU LA GRANGE CLINET red bordeaux. What a treat this all was ...




This tasting of Pierre's was late in 2006 I believe : at the end of September or beginning of October? I will have to check my notes and add that later. Quand est ce que tu a fait le degustation chez nous au magasin de Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits Pierre? C'etait bien avec toi et tes vins au magasin comme toujours Pierre. On travail bien ensemble. Reviens-nous revoir bientot. Ca fait trop long temps que nous n'avons pas deguster les nouveaux millesimes de ton catalogue ... et c'est deja presque le fin de l'annee 2009 ...









Here are our pictures that I took of Pierre's tasting this evening at our store in late 2006 I think.

Both Pierre and his father have visited our store. Pierre's family owns the CHATEAU LA GRANGE CLINET made not far away from Saint Emilion . The vines are growing in alluvial soil and they are very reasonably priced. I have represented the wines now for the last fifteen years or more starting even when I was still in retail at Burka's Fine Wines and before I took a job as a wine rep for Wines Limited Imports back in the early mid nineties.

We still have them now in March 2009 at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department. We are currently selling the 750ml bottles of the 2005 vintage as well as the 3-liter bottles ( four 750ml bottles in one three-liter bottle ) of 2000($99.99 each ) and the cork is sealed in beautiful red wax ). Enjoy, TONY


PS : I just proofed this one last time now , Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 here at home at 11:24 PM after watching the last show this season 2009 of the show called " GLEE " and I am all pumped up : really! I've also just enjoyed some Domaine D'Arduye Puligny Montrachet Premier Cru 2004 ( $49.99 ) a day old as I opened it yesterday to share with the French ambassador from Monaco and it was not only great last night as well as tonight. Wow : what a treat.

Come and get some of these three-liter bottles of the 2000 CHATEAU LA GRANGE CLINET. It's still a steal at $99.99 for such a fine wine from such a great bordeaux vintage.

Happy Holidays and New Year to one and to all ....

No comments: