Saturday, March 7, 2009

French Winemaker From BOUCHARD AINE Visits Cleveland Park In 2007 Instead Of Laurent This Time / We Miss You Laurent!



Sam and Jean Gagliolo bring us the new French winemaker at BOUCHARD AINE, Burgundy , France to meet us and to taste some of the current releases as well as some of the wines still in France available on D.I. basis in another two-three month's time.

In the past it was always Laurent that would come and taste with Mike Martin and me at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. I miss you Laurent and wish you well.



I spoke with the new winemaker and he tells me that Laurent is still very invloved at BOUCHARD AINE but now in a different capacity and so we may not see him as often at Clevelend Park. That is too bad because Laurent really does have a very contagious personality and would always draw me right into the spirit of Burgundy and tasting the excellent value and wines of BOUCHARD AINE which should not be confused with the other Burgundy house called BOUCHARD PERE ET FILS


On this go-round I believe that we ordered more of the white Haut Cotes de Nuits Villages white 2006 as the price was quite reasonable and the year is so fabulous for white burgundies. I believe we still have a few bottles available for sale in the store.



I apologize for taking so long to post these pictures. I have gotten caught-up with lots and lots of fun people that pass through our doors at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and just can't find the time always to post the pictures with the stories and the correct vintages, prices, etcetera.


I will have to come back and amend this with the new winemaker's name as well as the prices and current wine selections that we have available for purchase in Cleveland Park N.W. D.C. our nation's capitol. Please bear with me.



Here are the pictures that I took of this visit with Jean Gagliolo and Sam when we tasted the " new " red and white burgundy releases from the house of BOUCHARD AINE. Hope you like them. TONY

No comments: