Friday, February 27, 2009

Peter Of Terlato Family Wines Tastes Us On SANFORD, CHIMNEY ROCK, TAMARI & SEVEN DAUGHTERS Thurs. Feb. 26th, 2009 At Cleveland Park Wines

Peter of Terlato family wines tasted with Chrissy Carpenter of Washington Wholesalers this Thursday afternoon, February 26th, 2009 at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) .


This tasting of seven assorted wines included the excellent, aromatic, richly-textured and tasty seven grape blend called SEVEN DAUGHTERS. It;s a white blend of seven grapes including the Symphony grape and I immediately warmed to it and said that we would buy it.

The day before we had tasted in the store with Lindsay Pike ( a rep for Washington Wholesalers ) the SEVEN DAUGHTERS red which we did not like that much. I agreed to buy some, however, because I liked so much the white. Lindsay was scheduled to do an in-store weekend wine-tasting and so she would pour these two along with the two " organic " red and white from CLINE that I have also blogged about recently.

Funny, the day of the tasting with Lindsay in the store I liked the red SEVEN DAUGHTERS quite a bit more than I did on my first tasting of it : and it sold quite well the day of the tasting. I always like to revisit wines more than once as mood and circumstance and other factors often affect our reactions/impressions of any wine on any given moment.

The CHIMNEY ROCK Cabernet Sauvignon wines from the Stags Leap district of Napa are already in the store as our rep Tim Gural ( Washington Wholesalers ) had already tasted them on Mike Martin and myself perhaps six weeks or so earlier? We have and sell the 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon and are happy to have it when someone wants something really special. It is still young but balanced and tasty and when served with a meal it will perform I believe beautifully.
I was introduced here to CHIMNEY ROCK'S " Elevage " 2006 white blend.

The SANFORD Pinot Noir St. Rita Hills 2006 and the 2006 Chardonnay I had not tried in awhile and was happy to revisit them. I will include more about them as soon as I get to the office and can check my notes.

Peter also introduced me to the Bodegas TAMARI wines ( a 2007 red Malbec and a white Torrontes 2008 ) on this visit. As usual it was a good tasting with Peter and Chrissy and I will call Chrissy to check on the status of my order. I believe I have scheduled to have some come in April which is right around the corner. So, stay tuned for an update on all of these wines.

I know that we are expecting more of the SEVEN DAUGHTERS' white blend today as a customer has ordered a case earlier this week having liked it so much when Lindsay tasted it earlier at our in-store tasting.

Thanks Peter, Chrissy and Lindsay. Come again anytime Peter : you always have interesting wines to share with us from the Terlato Family Wines' portfolio.

Here are some of the more artsy photographs that I took while tasting these wines. I hope you like and enjoy them. Cheers, TONY









No comments: