Thursday, January 15, 2009

New York Wine Owner Here From STANDING STONE VINEYARDS, Finger Lakes With Her " New " Releases Including Her Vidal Ice 2005

Don't you just love this smile? I certainly do.



It's now Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 at 9:30 AM here at home in northern Virginia and I am finishing up some of my old " draft " blogs that for one reason or another never got posted. This is one I am sorry to say : sorry!




As I say below where I first wrote something back at the the beginning of 2009 when we have tasted now twice I believe these excellent STANDING STONE Vineyard wines from New York - back to 2006. We have also purchased and sold them since , especially the dry Riesling and the Gewurztraminer, depending on which I need at the time. The Ice Wine was always a very fine value, too ...




I love having wines from around the country and I have always had wines from New York at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits as I believe they are excellent and should always be represented in any fine wine shop. I have sold the reds and whites and bubblies and even the occasional dry apple wine : and don't let me forget all the sweeter wines as well including the Ice Wines made from Vidal Blanc as well as Riesling grapes.




I love these quick pictures that I took. They capture some of the joy and the excitement of the moment which I hope shows through my enthusiasm as I taste through each new batch of current releases.

I will have to talk to my rep Jody about buying more of these STANDING STONE Vineayrd wines for the store as I believe we are out of them at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) where I manage the wine department.

I know that I need more of the Ice Wine ... read on for the original entry that I made. Cheers and Happy New Year and Happy Holidays and come by and purchase some STANDING STONE Vineyard wines to celebrate...







Jody Jackman of Winebow brought the owner here to Cleveland Park in Late 2005 or was it 2006 for the very first time and we tasted here " new " releases. Here are the pictures I took. I really enjoyed the Rieslings and Gewurztraminers as well as the Merlots ( ? ) and the Vidal Ice 2005 500ml bottle that we currently sell now in 2009 at $27.99. Enjoy these pictures.

For technical info go to : STANDING STONE VINEYARDS, Lodi, NY 800-803-7135. Cheers, TONY

No comments: