Saturday, January 10, 2009

Danny Haas Of Vineyard Brands Always Out Tasting His Company's Excellent Selections : Ever Seen So Much WEINBACH To Titillate The 7 Senses?!?







Here are some pictures to get you excited about DOMAINE WEINBACH, Laurence Faller and her mother and sister, her excellent wines from Alsace, France : and Danny Haas himself and Vineyard Brands that brings them to our shores, of course.

Danny, perhaps after some good WEINBACH or perhaps a red Fixin MONGEARD-MUGNERET burgundy or red BEAUCASTEL Chateauneuf-du-Pape we can settle into a nice glass of OLD CROW bourbon ? What do you say to that ?

It's been a pleasure to do business with you over the years. I've loved you bringing us so many " goodies " in your over-stuffed bags bulging and ready to split at the seams I am sure! And you've tasted and left bottles here some of the times and the quality levels are through the roof!

You've also got a great team with Olivier Lotterie and between the two of you we have benefited here at the store and met some of the greatest wine owners and wine-makers from Laurence Faller herself, to the Mugnerets and Marc Perrin of BEAUCASTEL. We also a had a wonderful tasting here with Jason Haas of TABLAS CREEK in Paso Robles, California.

A few months ago Olivier brought us the winemaker of DONA PAULA in Lujon de Cuyo, Argentina and I loved both the regular-bottlings of both the Cabernet Sauvignon and the dry white Sauvignon Blanc. I just finished blogging about that visit.

Olivier also brought us the export manager I believe from MARQUES DE CACERES, Rioja , Spanish wines. You have come and tasted here over the years, too Danny with our customers and I have always appreciated that. You have also contributed to many of our " good causes/charities " when I call and ask and for that I appreciate our business relationship.






I remember when I was working in a big way three years or so ago with the Children's Hospital Wine-Auction that you contributed from your own cellar a magnum of one of Laurence Faller's WEINBACH wines . Wow, that was big!

In your constant " bag of goodies " have emerged many South African wines, French, Chilean , Portuguese ports like WARRES ( what a great 10-year Otima ! ), Spanish and many more : too many to fully recount here. I liked the South African white Sancerre-spin-off " Sincerely " Sauvignon Blanc.







The thing I liked best though, if I had to pick one, was the afternoon you stopped by in 2005 was it with Laurence Faller and we went to lunch across the street at Indique, the great Indian restaurant. We three sat upstairs and it was such a treat to have lunch just us three and enjoy some of Laurence's wines with the food there. That was special, memorable. The wines were great with the food, too. I will blog separately about all this soon enough.






And then there's the art : we're both artists and it's always fun to throw an art reference in here and there and know that you will pick-up on it. Thanks also for the quick black-and-white ink sketch that you did in my sketch pad.





Anyway, there are I am sure many more memories that will come to mind after I post this blog. I will just have to add to it as I go along. This is a good place to start anyway.





For more info on the excellent Vineyard Brands portfolio go to : www.vineyardbrands.com.













Cheers, Happy New Year 2009 to you and hope you are well and that we see you again here soon at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) with some " new " surprises. Sante, TONY







































No comments: