Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wine Rep Jessica Focht Leaves Me With A Poem I Posted In Our Store & People Still Comment On - Sometimes Wanting A Copy!






It's been a year or so now and here are the pictures I took of our her last sales call to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 , sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ). I just stumbled upon these pictures and so will download them now and add the poem and the rest of the details from the store as soon as I can. I think the poem speaks to a lot of our customers. What do you all think? Do you want a copy, too?!?

I just talked to Jessica yesterday to tell her I was going to post this blog. I called her old cell phone number and what do you know? It worked ! They always work because they never change!

Jessica knew it was me, said she recognized my voice after many months. She left Washington Wholesalers here in Washington D.C. to go work in North Carolina for Charmer outside of Chapel Hill and said things were going well. She always had a bright and cheerful disposition when selling here and so it was always a pleasure to work with her on wines from around the world like HOB KNOB and RED TRUCK from CLINE - both Pinot Noirs. Of course we bought many including all the CLOS DU VAL , LAETITIA ( both California wineries ) and TALTARNI wines, YELLOW TAIL ( both from Australia ) - and the list just goes on and on! Look closely at the picture and you will see that Jessica and Jeff are holding each a red and a white of LAETITIA.

Here's the poem she left. Hope you like it :

Someone will always be prettier / Someone will always be smarter / Some of their houses will be bigger / Some will drive a better car.

Their children will do better in school. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it! The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children. And the richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes ---- might be lonely.

And the word says, " If I have not Love I am nothing. " So , again love you. Love who you are. Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say , " I am Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be Disappointed ! "

" Winners make things happen. " Be " Blessed ".

I read this as I type it and have to say I would probably put things a bit differently, the wording that is. However, the poem has touched a cord with some of our female customers and they have mentioned it to me so I just want to pass that on and to thank Jessica and wish everyone well this holiday season 2008!

I think the pictures came out pretty well



Enjoy, cheers and Happy Holidays 2008 and Happy New Year 2009! TONY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very suprised but overjoyed to hear from Tony last week. It is true, I did recongize his voice. It is easy to remember such a kind and warm voice like Tony's.

I miss DC but am enjoying the warmer climate here in North Carolina. It was 65 today!

I love the poem and read it often. It helps me on stressful and discouraging days to remember that life is only what I make it and someone out there is less fortunate than myself. I hope that during this Holiday season we help others who might be in need.

Happy Holidays!

Jessica Focht