Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sparkling Prosecco from BISOL In The Veneto / Jim Hutton Brings The Sales Export Manager By To Try Both Proseccos & The Cartise, Too


This was quite the impromptu, wonderfully serendipitous moment for me when Jim Hutton of VIAS Imports stopped by with my rep Joe Manekin ( then of the Henry Wine Group ) and the export manager of BISOL prosecco.

It's been awhile since this visit perhaps two/three years ago. I have to check my notes. I don't have them here but will add them shortly when I get back to the store. I;m now at home on Monday evening at midnight exactly December 22nd, 2008! Imagine that!!

I now have a new sales person from VIAS Imports and yet I still receive a Christmas card from you Jim. Thanks, and please wish Dee a Happy New Year 2009 and Happy Holidays 2008 for me.

I appreciate you keeping up with our store Jim. It encourages me to do more business with you, really it does as well as keep our old friendship alive and well. Very professional and I cannot say enough good things about that.

I also have a really good new sales rep, Arielle from the Henry Wine Group and she as well has been instrumental in me/us doing more business with the Henry Wine Group that represents VIAS.

I have liked BISOL prosecco for a long, long time now. Joe Manekin, my old rep got us started. He, too took really good care of our account and I will not forget that anytime soon. Joe, I wish you well in California where you are now currently. I miss you.

Joe writes an excellent blog from California about wine and music events and more. His blog page is called : oldworldoldschool. You all should check it out. It reads beautifully and it's really informative and entertaining all in one.

We just sold-out of the BISOL about a couple of week's ago. I will ask Arielle for more. I also need to buy more of the extraordinary Cartisse that they make and that's probably around $60 or so on the shelf but well worth it when you want something so dreamy, creamy and bright and light and yet so rich that it will astound/confound the taste buds! Yes!!!

Cheers to you all, Happy New Year 2009 and Happy Holidays through 2008. Thanks for all your help over the years Jim, Joe and now Arielle. TONY






1 comment:

Joe Manekin said...

Thanks for the kind words, Tony, as well as the plug for my blog. I wonder who sells you the Bisol now, TCV I imagine.

When are you heading out to California?