Saturday, December 13, 2008

Naomi Barber At Cleveland Park Wines Tastes FINAL CUT, ROCHFORD & FALERNIA Wines Of Empson Imports Thursday, October 2nd, 2008


On Wednesday September 1st, 2008 Naomi Barber visited us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( this is the right date, the one in the headline is incorrect - sorry ). in our nation's capitol. She brought lots of liquid wine " goodies " to titillate and captivate/motivate/inspirate ( not a word, I know - but go with the flow if you please! ) and flatterate ( again, not a word, but it do flow! ) your tongue, senses and fire-up your imaginations, too!!!!! Remember, I'm an artist and this is as much fun as it is academic : and it's always more flight-of-fancy, whimsical, moody-broody, dark, deep and like being completely submerged in " the whole moment " as is humanly possible for each and every one of us - at our own levels. Go!

I have known Naomi now for a number of years. She works for Neil Empson Imports and came one day to visit with Franceen Khang. Naomi was in charge of the New Zealand wines portfolio and Franceen of the Italian wines portfolio.

I simply put it to Naomi that if she invested some time in the store and did some in-store wine-tastings that I would be happy to represent the Empson New Zealand portfolio of wines. The rest is history. Not only did Naomi do this but she brought me more of the winemaker/owners and also invited me to special tastings and even one fabulous dinner in Georgetown with most all of them. I was the only retailer, too which made me feel even more special!

As you can see by these bottles that on this trip with Gary Diamond she brought me the wines of ROCHFORD Pinot Noir 2005, FINAL CUT " Montage " South Australia Shiraz ( Australia ) and a " new " Chilean wine FALERNIA Elqui Valley 2005 dry red blend of Carmenere and Syrah ( and two other reds ). As usual the quality-level was indisputable and I have agreed to buy some of all of these for the store. However, my desire and enthusiasm is larger than my pocket book and so I fear that we will not have these three new wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits until January 2009! Sorry!!

I will provide more info as I have it and in the meantime enjoy these photos I took of Naomi through the wine glass with the bottles exhibited, too.

It's always wonderful to see you Naomi, You are always welcome at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com Tel : 202-363-4265 ). Please contact Mike Martin or me ( Anthony - TONY - Quinn for any further information on these wines or any of the many other marvelous Empson wines.

Look at how in the first picture you see of Naomi pouring me some wine that the splashing/cascading red wine matches that of her red burgundy jacket. Also, I rinsed the glass out with water before trying the wines and the water beads show up in all the pictures. Don't worry, the wines still tasted great! I got their full, delicious flavors, even with these wayer drops to reflect and catch the light of the lights on the ceiling above!

Cheers, and happy holidays to you Naomi and Gary and to all our friends, colleagues and customers and their families. And please be patient and stay-tuned for more on these wines. TONY









No comments: