Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MORESON South African Wines With Lynda Mellor & Theresa Morrison, An Impromptu In-Store Wednesday Dec. 3rd 2008 Tasting 5-8 PM











Great to taste the MORESON / PINECREST wines with our customers. Importer Theresa Morisson brought with her Lynda Mellor of LM FINE WINES LIMITED ( 11 Springfield Avenue, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire RG27 85F + (44) 01252 843614 Fax: (44) 01252 842565 email : lunda.mellor@gmail.com ). She represents MORESON wines from South Africa and we had four wines for her and Theresa to pour this Wednesday evening at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).

We started with two white. The first, the PINECREST Chardonnay, 2007 ( $14,99 ) that was unoaked and bright and crisp as one would like. What a nice wine to have at a meal or simply when talking and contemplating life - listening for a moment or two or three.

Next we tried the MORESON Chenin Blanc 2007, $16.49 from the Franschoek region. It's always such a surprise and a delight. I simply do not drink enough Chenin Blanc but when I try the MORESON all my attention is turned to it and gently wrapped up within it's flavors, slowly, gently over time - over each sip and swallow.

We then moved into our two reds for the evening. The PINECREST Pinotage, $19.99 is again always a really wonderful surprise. I am never quite sure how much pepper and spice and attitude and resistance I am going to get each time I try it. And every time that I do I come away from the experience happy that I undertook it! This time was no exception. The Pinotage was flavorful and distinct with it's peppers and spices but always balanced and rich enough in the middle ranges for me to hang my neck on and relax. I liked that. I could explore it on my own terms and enjoy the experience both with and without food. It worked for me once again.

The 2003 MORESON Merlot , ON SALE for $19.99 ( reg: $32.99 ) from the Coastal region was again a really impressive wine. It seemed even bigger and more intense and more compact and deep-colored as I remembered. This time I loved it but because of it's weight and complexity I was craving some finger foods at the least to help flesh it out for me some more so that it would hang just right, like a great-fitting suit on my shoulders/ tongue more accurately. It will be a great one to recommend for a good piece of tender red meat when people are tired of the standard white meat Holidays meals.

It was nice meeting Lynda. We had a good , steady flow of customers and sold many bottles of both PINECREST and MORESON wines tonight. It was great to meet you Lynda and to work with you and Theresa at the same time. Happy Holidays to you and your family and to all our customers. Cheers, and thanks Theresa and Lynda for stopping by tonight to taste and sell wines with me.

Hope you like these pictures. I'm having more fun framing the world through a wine glass! What do you think?!? Am I onto something good?

NOTE : If you look carefully at the picture enlarged of the MORESON Merlot bottle being poured you will see the MORESON " Cuvee Cape " N.V. sparkling wine sitting in a box on the floor and it's ON SALE, too ( Like the MORESON Merlot 2003 ) for $19.99 . We did not pour it tonight but should have because it is so creamy, bright, smooth and delicious! TONY

No comments: