Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Glenlivet Single Malt Tasting



It was great to have three tastings the Friday evening December 18th ( 5-8 PM ) 2008 before Christmas. With Ro we conducted this GLENLIVET single malt scotch tasting of both the 12 year-old and the 15 year-old and I started by tasting the 15 year-old with Ro.

It was busy and I had to fit all these tastings of John Peter's wines from LVDH and those four MAGIC HAT beers of Renee's as well mas the two GLENLIVET single malts. It was a tough job but I was glad to attempt it. It's the only way to really know and have some understanding of the products that we sell at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com Tel : 202-363-4265 .

I don't always achieve this goal. It always has to be done around the selling to customers and that is sometimes complicated and at times I just run out of stamina or I simply forget to try the products!

I liked both GLENLIVET single malts though I must admit that I liked the extra weight and layers of flavors of the 15 year-old. There was just more there to wrap around my taste buds and I appreciated that. I also liked the deeper golden color. I would drink either if offered to me as they were both quite smooth and refined. It's a name that has bee around a long time and actually got single malt scotches popular years ago in this country. They deserve credit back then and still today as their quality is excellent and consistent even though perhaps not as interesting to some in search of even more intensity or fire and guts to their single malt scotches.

Anyway, it was an excellent tasting and Ro tasted a number of customers this Friday evening in our store. She was professional enough also to suggest to the customers that they might first start by tasting the wines and the beers before finally tasting her 12 and 15 year-old GLENLIVETS. Thanks Ro for that consideration.

It was also a great start to the next day's ( Saturday's the 19th, 20008 , 5-8 PM ) tasting of four GLENLIVET scotches.

It's now Friday morning, 12:32 AM on December 26th, 2008 as I type these final words and post this blog. I really had fun taking these pictures of the scotch golden colors, the bottle distortions through the glass ( I loved trying to center on the words " live " in GLENLIVET and I think I did pretty well. What do you think? I also think I captured a bit of the mood of this evening and those tasting with Ro.

Cheers and Happy New Year 2009! Don't forget to buy some GLENLIVET, too. TONY













No comments: