Thursday, November 6, 2008

Owner/ Winemaker Chris Breiner of STONE MOUNTAIN VINEYARDS In-Store Wine-Tasting 3/17/07 : Returns Again 11/12/08 5:30-8:30 PM Join Us- Turkey Wines








It was great to get Chris Breiner of SPRING MOUNTAIN VINEYARDS ( managing Partner, winemaker , P.O. Box 7 1376 Wyatt Mountain Rd. Dyke, Virginia 22935 434-990-wine cbreiner@stonemountainvineyards.com ) to the store Saturday, March 17th, 2007 ( 2:30--6:30 PM ) to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Conn. Ave. N.W. Washington D.C. Tel: 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) to the store to taste his Virginia wines.

I remember that I had a luke-warm first-tasting impression of them with David Enright our local rep from Grappoli Imports and I told him so. I remember liking the whites better. I also believe in letting the wines speak for themselves and I told David that if he could arrange for either the owner or the winemaker to come taste them with our customers that I would set it up. David agreed and soon Chris Breiner was scheduled on the calendar to taste his Virginia reds and whites.

This is what I wrote in the store email : " We have winemaker Chris Breiner of STONE MOUNTAIN VINEYARDS , VA. here to taste a selection of his wines. I really liked the whites - a Pinot Grigio and a dry Chardonnay. The red Petit Verdot and the Cabernet Franc are good reds to enjoy with food. All wines are more European in style with a nod of course to modern technology. Come see what you think. Get Chris to sign a bottle or two for gifts. NOTHING LIKE A PERSONALIZED GIFT, and NEVER ANY CHARGE for it ". I remember that I found the reds a bit too light and lean on my first tasting. I amended my impressions on the second go-round and found them to have filled out and become a bit more fleshy.

The tasting was a " hit " and we sold a number of bottles that Chris signed for our customers. Everyone was happy. The Pinot Grigio was a big hit, too. This is what Chris wrote at the end of the tasting in our guest book : " Tony, Very nice shop. I believe your attention to customer service and educating the people is wonderful. Look forward to my next visit. Come see me on the mountain! " Best regards, Chris.

We had a couple of our customers come after the tasting and speak about their really enjoyable visit to this winery up on a mountain going up a road that they said led to nowhere - and yet it did, and they finally arrived at the winery! I think they also commented on the view. I will have to ask them again.

Anyway, we are thrilled to welcome you back Chris this coming Tuesday, November 12th, 2008 from 5:30-8:30 PM to our monthly " Big-Theme " American Holiday Wine-Tasting where we will feature a number of local Virginia and Maryland owners and winemakers as well as a number of our favorite reps tasting other wines from New York, Ohio, California, Oregon and Washington State.

Join Chris and all of us at this tasting. Everyone is more than welcome. Bring a friend or two or three. For more info please call Mike Martin or Tony Quinn ( me ) and we will be glad to help you. Cheers, TONY

No comments: