Sunday, November 16, 2008

Importer Bobby Kacher At Cleveland Park Wines Et Spirits Dec. 2nd, 2005 W/ Jean-Francois Fayel, Owner Of Domaine des Cantarelles
















It's always fun to get Bobby Kacher to our store, especially when he has one of his winemaker/ owners with him. This time was no exception.

Ronnie Miller can be seen behind Jean-Francois Fayel in one of the pictures. I always have to thank Ronnie for looking out for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington D.c. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com Contact Mike Martin or Tony Quinn ( me ) for more information about Jean-Francois' wines or any of the others from Bobby's portfolio of excellent French wines.

Oh, Ronnie's got a cap on and he's in another picture with a customer tasting them on the DOMAINE DES CANTARELLES red. He knows how much I value meeting the winemakers/ owners behind these excellent wines and he often makes it happen at our store that they come by, even if only for a short visit.

Of course as I said it's also especially nice when Bobby is thrown into the package, too : that goes without saying! After all, Bobby and I go back farther than I'd like to admit. We've taken a lot of bumps, each of us in our own ways, in our own paths that have touched from time to time over these last twenty-five years here in Washington D.C, where so much has been born in this wonderful, zany, ever-expanding, ever-challenging maze and entanglement of more wines and more high quality from just about every corner of the world today. It's grown in leaps and bounds and it's been virtually impossible to keep up with it all. It's also what makes the business so endearing and so fascinating, and such a challenge even after all these years. I still love it, I have not lost my passion for it. I also take solace in knowing something about any particular palette of wine colors I have to sell and educate people on at any given point in time. That's all I can do. Otherwise I would just become down-right depressed for all the wines out there that I do not have to sell and would like to! Cheers!

We had some very pleased customers visiting from Canada that were delighted to take back with them some of Jean-Francois' signed bottles as gifts to their family and friends. One's a children's' book writer that we love dearly here at our store. She's such a positive person Sheree and makes me smile each and every time that she walks through our front door. And when she brings a friend and special guest that's even better !Here are some of the pictures I took of the action transpiring then at our store.

I think that Jean-Francois really enjoyed himself at the store. Here's what he wrote in French.

" Tony, J'ai aujour'hui decouvert un endroit ou l'accueil est si spontanne si sympathique qu'immediatement l'on se sent comme chez soi.

Je sais qu'il est pareil avec tous ses clients.

J'espere le recevoir au domain.

Encore merci pour cette joie de vivre . " Jean-Francois Fayel le 2/12/05

As you may know by now I have all my guest winemakers/owners sign our guest book as well as our wine poster so that I have a record/wonderful souvenir of their visits to include with so many colorful pictures that when all combined help to bring back the flavor/excitement/uniqueness of the moment otherwise forgot because peoples' memories fade and no pictures were taken, no notes signed, almost as if it never happened at all.

For more technical information about these fine wines of Jean-Francois' go to : DOMAINE des CANTARELLES 30127 Bellegrade - France Tel : 33 ( ) ) 4 66 01 78 Fax : 33(0)4 66 01 26 Email : domaine.cantarelles@wanadoo.fr

It's Sunday morning, November 17th, 2008 at 11:32 AM as I read and proff this before posting.

Enjoy. Et merci pour votre visite chez nous avec Ronnie et Bobby Jean-Francois : revenez nous vour la prochaine fois! Et, quoi de neuf chez vous? TONY

No comments: