Friday, November 21, 2008

Erin Hollrah ( Brand Manager ) Of LOOSE END, Barossa, South Australia Wrote On 3 / 14 / 2007 The Following




Erin Hollrah ( brand manager ) of LOOSE END ( Rob Gibson's " other " label besides GIBSON wines - Light Pass Rd. P.O. Box 867, Tanunda 5352 Barossa Valley South Australia Tel : +61 885 624 332 ekhollrah@gmail.com ) wrote after her March 13th, 2007 visit to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue Wines & Spirits 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. (202) 363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) some pretty inspiring words. I'd like to share them with you all now.

But first I'd like to say that I last saw Erin earlier in this year 2008 when she brought owner Arya Campbell of LAUREL GLEN by the store to say " hello". Erin was waiting in the car while Arya rushed in to say hello to me. I was impressed. Let me explain.

When I got to the store on Tuesday morning ready to begin work on writing the store email I saw that Arya had stopped by the day before - my day-off. She left her card I believe and so I decided to call her. I left a message and she called me back! She said she would try and stop by and damned if she didn't two or so hours later! That's what I call spur-of-the-moment-thinking and things connecting as a result!

It was great to see you Arya. Thanks for taking the time to return. As a result of that and other efforts of yours I have promoted more actively your family's wines in the store. Today, Friday November 21st, 2008 I sold the last five bottles on the shelf of the Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon " Chevere " red. My customer was delighted to see them on the shelf and cleared me out for the moment. It's really a small world. She had discovered them about six weeks ago on our shelf and the friend she gave them to was delighted!

Anyway, as we said " good bye " I realized that Erin was outside waiting for you and so I rushed outside to say hello to her. I took too much time and I apologize for that as you had many other customers to visit that day. Oops. I do get excited!

Erin , these words of your written with a red pen are great and inspiring so I will include them now as we head into the 2008 holidays with Thanksgiving less than a week away. These are your words :

" Love it here! Lookin' forward to a wild tasting in the fall... until then, embrace what it is to be at a Loose End :

To be at a loose end is to have no plans, which is a wonderful thing in our busy world. This provides us with the opportunity to be spontaneous, creative or even mischievous !! " I agree wholeheartedly with all of this Erin, Thanks for sharing this with us. I will take it to heart immediately. I should also say that now in 2008 you continue to work for LOOSE END but that you also rep for Country Vintners and sell the LAUREL GLEN wines among many others, too. Can't think of a nicer/talented person up for the job !

It's a mystery and wonderful how so many things are so amazingly interconnected isn't it?!?

Cheers to you Erin, Rob ( Gibson ), Arya and all your families. Happy Thanksgiving 2008 to all, TONY

No comments: