Monday, October 27, 2008

Owner Diane de Puymorin In-Person At Cleveland Park In-Store Wine-Tasting NOvember 3rd, 2006/ In-Abstensia W/ " Only Girls " 2007 Syrah October 21st,












It was great way back on Friday November 3rd, 2006 to meet owner Diane de Puymorin of CHATEAU D'Or et de GUEULES ( Tel : 04 66 87 32 86 Fax : 04 66 87 39 11 , chateaudoretdegueules@wanadoo.fr www.chateau-or-et-gueules.com Chemin de Cassagnes, Route de Generac 30 800 Saint Gilles, Costieres de Nimes, France ) and have her then taste an assortment of her " new " releases with Bobby Kacher. Ronnie Miller our Kacher rep brought her to the store. I loved her reds, all of them from the Domaine PETIT CASSAGNE on up. Diane stayed till she sold every bottle but one.

We always have some of her wine at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Right now we have the very top of her line in magnums, 2004 , signed by her ON SALE at the ridiculously low price of $30 a magnum! We also have Diane's " new " Syrah 2007 release called " Only Girls " that I have already sold-out of and need to reorder!

I already blogged about this 2007 Syrah named " Only Girls " in a blog with the words " Confluence of Forces " or something like that. I drank two glasses or more little more than a week ago on Friday the 17th of October I believe all alone here by myself except for the " wee " little fact that, thanks to my wife, daughter and son I was listening " live " over the phone to Elton John sing and play with his band members at the new stadium in Charlottesville, Virginia. I listened for about an hour or so and wrote a " live response - immediate " to the situation and to the " Only Girls " 2007 Syrah ( which I really liked that night and again on Sunday night - the same open bottle given to me by my rep. Ronnie Miller - and to Elton John. It was certainly a special hour for me and made me feel quite privileged and not quite so alone.

Here are the artsy pictures that I took on Monday after the concert on my day-off around 1-2 PM on our deck while everyone else was at work. It was beautiful and warm and sunny and I think I captured some really good angles of the bottle, label, INAO glass of wine, old-vines cork screw given to me years ago back in the mid seventies in Paris, France by my French etching instructor Joelle Serve. See what you think.

Cheers and enjoy. I will find the pictures I took of Diane in the store that Friday evening ( 5-8 PM ) just about three years ago in 2006 and include them later.

This is what Diane wrote after her tasting in the store that Friday evening :

" le 3 Novembre, 2006 Une super cave qui s'occupe aussi bien de ses clients que de les fournisseures. Un grand plaisir de pouvez voir mes vins selectiones par Bobby! Et apprecies par les Americaines. " Diane

A la prochaine. By the way, the 2007 Syrah tasted great with my food on both occasions : the first time with the steak while listening to Sir Elton John live over my phone, and the second time with the cheese my wife and I enjoyed two night's later. It was good all by itself, too. Plenty of character to this wine and yet very approachable. I'm looking forward to hearing what our returning customers at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits think. A bientot, TONY

No comments: