Thursday, October 16, 2008

Owner Andy Corey of BRUICHLADDICH ( Islay Single Malt laddie@bruichladdich.com , Bruichladdich Distillery, Argyl, Scotland, PA49 7UN Scotland, 4/06







     It was great to have a serendipitous visit from owner Andy Corey (? I hope I have that right, I'm reading Andy's own writing from his signature ) with rep. Jody Jackman of Winebow imports to taste his " new " and " exciting " releases with Ravinder Sharma at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. I was lucky enough to be here and try through the line of open single malt scotch bottles open and I fell in love with the LINKS " The 16th Hole, Augusta, Aged 14 Years at $76.99. It is smooth! It is flavorful, it is polished. If money is not an issue I recommend you treating yourselves to a bottle. It is not a peaty style, it is much more refined that the heavier , peatier styles.

     Andy came to see us sometime in April of 2006 I believe. Here are some of the pictures I took of that visit. 

     Andy wrote " It's a great pleasure for BRUICHLADDICH to be sold at Cleveland Park. Slainte ! " Andy Corey. Is Slainte the Scottish way of saying Cheers or Sante( French )? I think so. What do you say Andy? I say come back and see us next time that you are in Washington D.C. We would love to have you come here and do a special tasting of your single malts for our customers. You are most welcome anytime. 

     We'll drink more Islay malt scotch Andy!   TONY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try Andrew Gray, he's probably the one you're looking for.