Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Owner Andrew Quady Stops At Cleveland Park Wines On Sept. 20th, 2005









It was great to finally meet owner Andrew Quady of QUADY California dessert Wines ( Essensia, Elysium, Electra, Port, Starboard, Vya - andrew@quadywinery.com, www.quadywinery.com 13181 Road 24 P.O. Box 728 , Madera CA 93639 555 673 8068 Fax : 673 0744 ) come by for perhaps an hour to taste some of his " new " releases with us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. He was here on Tuesday, September 20th, 2005 just an hour or so after owner John Casella YELLOW TAIL Winery, Australia ) left our store after his hour-and-half wine-tasting with our customers. Andrew tasted with us and our customers this evening pretty much the whole line of his excellent CA. products. We introduced the Electra this tasting I believe.

It was a busy day indeed because while John Casella was in the store owner Alice Fitz of the FITZ-RITTER winery in the Pfalz, Germany had been in to taste me on her new releases of sparkling Sekt, Gewurztraminer, Rieslings and dry Chardonnay!

This is what it is all about : learning and sharing experiences with ourselves and our customers and bringing them in contact when possible with the principals of each wine operation. We did a lot of this this day with the help of Andrew, John and Alice. Thank-you all.

Andrew was in a hurry the next day when he returned to the store. He did not have a lot of time but we are happy for the time you did have for us Andrew the previous day. Our customers enjoyed meeting and tasting with you.

As you wrote in my guest wine owner/maker book : " I was here ". And thankful we are that you were. Perhaps on your following visit we will get a chance to speak more in-depth about what you are doing these days, what new projects, etcetera. I look forward to that day Andrew.

Of all of the QUADY items the VYA vermouth-style dry and sweet ( in 750 ml and 375 ML ) do really well and we are always selling out. WE also do quite well with the QUADY Orange Muscat.

I forgot to add that Andrew was in a hurry the second time that he came to our store ( the day-after the store tasting ) because I asked him to return and sign my poster and my guest book for wine makers and wine owners. He has a busy schedule I know ( I just got an email from him this morning, Nov. 2nd, 2008 saying that he is in Denver and just hosted a chocolate tasting with his QUADY spirits/wines ) and I am thrilled that he returned quickly to sign both before continuing his active routine. Not everyone would have been as obliging. Thanks Andrew. I look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Just yesterday, Halloween ( Oct. 31st, 2008 ) I was asked by a customer to describe Italy's most expensive and sought-after vermouth called Antica Formula, $31.99 and I kept telling the customer that along with trying it that he HAD to try the two Vya's from QUADY : the extra dry and the sweet ( available in 375 ml at $14.99 and the 750 ml at $21.99 - we have both ). I'll have to wait and and see what the response is.

In the meantime here are a few of the pictures I took of Andrew while he was at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Cheers, TONY

No comments: